FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Expo vs. DeLorean weekend? If you could choose one...

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Looking at the site and just wondering if the events that say 'delorean owners only' mean you gotta have a car there?

Only location Im familiar with is Henderson...where I know there is a comfort inn...hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Looking at the site and just wondering if the events that say 'delorean owners only' mean you gotta have a car there?

Only location Im familiar with is Henderson...where I know there is a comfort inn...hehe.
    No, as far as I know it just means you have to be a registered member of the convention. The ones that don't say that are going to be in public where interested spectators cans come and gawk.

I don't have a lot of hotel recommendations either, the one I'm booked at is full. I've stayed at the motel 6 on Tropicana a bunch of times but the parking lot is always packed. I never felt like I was going to be stabbed or anything in that area. Circus Circus was ok but horrible speed bumps in the garage. Stratosphere, El Cortez and Palace Station were decent, no trouble parking the car at the latter two (didn't have it at the Stratosphere). If you want to roll the dice there are plenty of trashy motels on/near the strip that don't advertise on Expedia. I think I stayed at one called the Pink Motel or something on the north end by the Stratosphere once and lived to tell the tale (this was years before I had the budget for a DeLorean, obviously)...

The other thing you can do is, if you register, we have a text chat group and you could ask around and see if anybody wants to split a room. (Not me, though. I don't sleep well with others.)
    Last edited by DaraSue; 09-21-2017 at 01:10 AM.

My VIN:    10907

DeLorean Weekend was a blast! Got to see some of you guys there, hope we'll see some more of you next year! Here are some more pix:

From the meetup at Springs Preserve on Thursday: 20171005_172551.jpg

Excursion to El Dorado on Friday: 20171006_132554.jpg 20171006_133357.jpg 20171006_155721.jpg

Great minds think alike: 20171008_092326.jpg

Chris M's red car: 20171008_125349.jpg

We were all pretty beat by Sunday so we only did the short drive around Red Rock and then went straight to Handel's Ice Cream: 20171008_165116.jpg (bonus points if you recognize the gentleman on the cellphone, lol)

It was a fun time, a lot of diverse cars and owners. Dinner Saturday night featured presentations from Terri and Oliver Holler, Kevin Krinn, Dave Tavres, Jay Shetlin and Rob Grady which were all really interesting. There was a videographer recording everything so we'll probably be able to see those online soon.

I had a great time at both of these events and I'm glad I got to do both. The next DeLorean Weekend will probably be around the same time next year and I highly recommend it!

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Rob Grady
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Sounds like it was a blast....I'm making my plans for the one in 2027
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Rob Grady
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    20171008_165116.jpg (bonus points if you recognize the gentleman on the cellphone, lol):
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    What?
    I answered the question, that’s what!
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    I answered the question, that’s what!
    He is an imposter! I was sleeping at the time.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    He is an imposter! I was sleeping at the time.
    Rob
    That’s your story and your sticking too it .
    DENNIS

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Well, isn't that interesting. The weekend drew more cars than the expo did. My suspicions for a while have been that the modern community prefers a laid back and less expensive meet vs the "pomp and circumstance" of the past. Now if we could only kinda mesh the two types together to get larger car counts.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast