FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: 2 Start up problems

My VIN:    2723

2 Start up problems

Every time I go out the car starts right up, and stalls right away. Then it won't turn over. The volts are almost 13 upon initial start, but look like they drop off after the stall to 11.
    1. The car will take a jump and fire right up. If I shut it off and try it again with in a few minutes, it fires up again no problem. If I am at a show for a few hours, it requires a jump again.

2. Once its warmed up, the rpms start revving between 5 and 15 while in park. Engine was rebuilt less than 200 miles ago by DPI

I just replaced the rpm relay, because the fuel pump would run for darn near a minute, now its working fine and the revving stopped but after 2 weeks its back. Had the battery tested twice in a week they say its good.

Now I do have a BTTF conversion and some of the stuff is connected to the battery, I am going to remove that stuff and see what happens...

Any other suggestions?
    mike

My VIN:    03572

Sounds like a bad battery to me. I assuming your "won't turn over" does mean the starter does not turn the engine.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Get the battery tested. Most auto stores will test for free. If the battery is over 5 years old just replace it.
    David Teitelbaum