Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Refurbing a Very Early A/C System

My VIN:    No. 4068

That looks good to me. Good luck with the recharge. 975g of r134a have great results for me and others.

Don't forget to adjust the low pressure switch so that the compressor comes on at approx 44psi and off at approx 20psi. Run the engine at 1500rpm by applying 'bodge the throttle open with a screwdriver at the throttle stop' technique

How much ester oil did you put in overall?
    RIP Rob van de Veer Top bloke

I say Sir, I must be mad, one loves fixing K-Jet !

Make sure there's plenty in the tank for the weekend chaps....

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by NckT View Post
    That looks good to me. Good luck with the recharge. 975g of r134a have great results for me and others.

Don't forget to adjust the low pressure switch so that the compressor comes on at approx 44psi and off at approx 20psi. Run the engine at 1500rpm by applying 'bodge the throttle open with a screwdriver at the throttle stop' technique

How much ester oil did you put in overall?
    Hes staying with R-12
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE I, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID sealed beam style headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, Mid-State Club Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, GENUINE MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    No. 4068

I didn't realise you can still get ozone depleting refrigerant R-12 in America. It's banned elsewhere.
    RIP Rob van de Veer Top bloke

I say Sir, I must be mad, one loves fixing K-Jet !

Make sure there's plenty in the tank for the weekend chaps....

My VIN:    04629

A few years after acquiring my car a local Car Dealer closed his business, I had the chance to go through the tools, before the Auction Co. came in to sell everything else.

I was lucky a Dial-A-Charge for $100 and it had 30lb of R-12 attached! I won't ever run out of this refrigerant.

My next charge, I'll flush my system. (a few years down the road)

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Results

Here are the Results:

Initial performance baseline before refurbishment. Cold engine at idle, ambient temperature 81 degrees, A/C on MAX with fan speed 3 => center vent temperature at 82 degrees (basically, no A/C):

Results after A/C system refurb and charge: Warm engine at idle, ambient temperature 80 degrees, A/C on "NORM" with fan speed 2=> center vent temperature at 48 Degrees:

Dana

Delorean status: CECF 2017 Platinum Award winner. Still tinkering...

Pictures and comments of my restoration journey are in the albums section on my profile.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6