FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Under dash connector panel ...loose. Where does it live?

My VIN:    10588

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Under dash connector panel ...loose. Where does it live?

When I took the steering column out to replace the bushing, I unplugged the three plugs going from the steering column To this weird floating electrical home plate. This floating plate looks like it should have a home ...somewhere on the firewall but I can't quite see where it should live.

Does anyone have a photo under their dash showing this junction box in its home

Thank you!
    -Luigi-
    Thank you ALL for your patience and your tremendous help!

1982 VIN#10588 Build Date Dec '81

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclearbacon View Post
    When I took the steering column out to replace the bushing, I unplugged the three plugs going from the steering column To this weird floating electrical home plate. This floating plate looks like it should have a home ...somewhere on the firewall but I can't quite see where it should live.

Thank you!
    I guess this pic can help you http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?10...l=1#post152175
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

Took some photos to show the mystery black plate connector box thingie. It looks like it may clip onto the firewall? Maybe? Theres a clip at the top of it and at the top of the firewall....

I tried to take a few photos to clarify

The three connectors that run to the steering column ran over the vent pipe and it looks like that plate was shoved up above. Where is its home?
    -Luigi-

My VIN:    01598

Club(s):   (DCH)

Took some photos to show the mystery black plate connector box thingie. It looks like it may clip onto the firewall? Maybe? Theres a clip at the top of it and at the top of the firewall....

I tried to take a few photos to clarify

The three connectors that run to the steering column ran over the vent pipe and it looks like that plate was shoved up above. Where is its home?
    It is clipped in the triangle above the steering column on the left side.
    Svein Apeland

1981 DMC DeLorean DMC-12, VIN: 01598. Gas flap hood, manual transmission, black interior, wide stripe, galvanized frame, Spax shocks and UK club exhaust.
    x1973 Plymouth Road Runner
    x1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
    x1975 Chevrolet El Camino
    x1974 Plymouth Satellite Sebring
    x1966 Lincoln Continental
    x1983 Porsche 944
    x1982 Porsche 944

My VIN:    3937

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by BABIS View Post
    If you take a look at the photo that is in the link already given to you, you will understand where the tray is supposed to go.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    If you take a look at the photo that is in the link already given to you, you will understand where the tray is supposed to go.
    I see the photo. I see the plate. how does that show me where it goes? Is there another photo with the plate installed that I'm missing?

Are these the clips? (I see big ones and small ones on the firewall to the left of the steering column)

Does anyone have a pic of the plate installed under their dash? Thank you!
    -Luigi-

My VIN:    01598

Club(s):   (DCH)

I see the photo. I see the plate. how does that show me where it goes? Is there another photo with the plate installed that I'm missing?

Are these the clips? (I see big ones and small ones on the firewall to the left of the steering column)

Number 1 in the parts diagram:
    https://store.delorean.com/c-283-3-6...-switches.aspx
    Svein Apeland

1981 DMC DeLorean DMC-12, VIN: 01598. Gas flap hood, manual transmission, black interior, wide stripe, galvanized frame, Spax shocks and UK club exhaust.
    x1973 Plymouth Road Runner
    x1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
    x1975 Chevrolet El Camino
    x1974 Plymouth Satellite Sebring
    x1966 Lincoln Continental
    x1983 Porsche 944
    x1982 Porsche 944

Are we talking about the same photo? The one in the link is this one:

wiper delay bracket.jpg

Can you see that this is a pedal assembly and on the side of it is the tray you're asking about clipped into position?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Are we talking about the same photo? The one in the link is this one:

wiper delay bracket.jpg

Can you see that this is a pedal assembly and on the side of it is the tray you're asking about clipped into position?
    I am blind. I did not understand that was a side shot of the pedal assembly!!!! Ok everyone, get in line. I'm ready to take my slaps

I'll again, check it out when I get home. I love this forum. Please don't disown me.
    -Luigi-

No sweat! Your exclusive member privileges here on the forum continue... free of charge!

Seeing how it goes in is one thing. Actually getting it in there is another. It's really quite a nice fit and design and snaps in snugly. Figuring out how to get the mumble jumble of wires and hoses and other mess out of the way and straightened out to let you clip the tray in place is the real challenge!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast