Hi all-first off, a MASSIVE thank you to the good people on this forum. You've helped me on numerous occasions; this is an invaluable resource for DMC-12 owners.

I recently completed a thermister replacement job, and now have the car back sorted-no fuel leaks, smooth idle, everything seems to be working properly. The last goal I had before buttoning it all up was to make sure the mixture was set properly. I sealed off the "cabin" side of the vacuum hose at the oil filler cap location, and hooked up my dwell meter. Here's what I get:

1-idles solidly at ~750-800 or so.
2-starts immediately, holds with no goose-ing of throttle.
3-dwell meter holds at ~42-45
4-when the "cold start" phase hands off to the normal hot run phase, I get some idle hunting, one or two WILD swings, and then it stabilizes right around 42-ish. With a hot engine, I have yet to see any idle hunting at all.

I can't seem to shake the feeling it's still running rich, mainly from the smell. I don't expect the car to smell like a 2017 Accord, but the richness smell is intense. If I do a 5 minute test routine, my clothes will smell for the rest of the day. If this is par for the course, then no problem. Should I aim to tune it leaner even if my readings seem to look ideal? Thanks for the advice!

Oh, and to all the folks down south, good luck, and stay safe...