FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Headlight Bracket Availability

My VIN:    10201

To be 100% clear about this, the PO was involved in a literal fender bender which resulted in body filler being applied over the damage and the entire car painted. I sent pictures of the damage to PJ Grady and Soundkillr. Both said that the damage was already very bad and that Chris Nicholson might be able to fix it. I've already polished parts of the car by hand, but it was only after I figured I'd be replacing the LFF that I decided to try a flap disc for stainless on it.

Okay yeah that changes a lot then. I thought it was fine before and you went "oh what the hell". Clearly not the case. Wait, you removed the paint yourself? Hell, just saying "it was painted" was enough in my book.

I've never seen a painted car come out well the first time (EDIT: as in "remove paint, done" is never a thing it seems). But damn have I seen a lot or formerly-painted DeLoreans that are more beautiful than mine (Kenny Z with "Red" comes to mind)

Honest question: how's it look without the grain?

Yes, I removed the paint myself. I bought a delorean with the goal to mirror polish it, so I like it without the grain.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Yes, I removed the paint myself. I bought a delorean with the goal to mirror polish it, so I like it without the grain.
    You ought to make a thread in Custom Mods on it. This is the first I've seen a painted one go straight to mirror polish. Most guys bring painted to stainless for the cost savings, or take an already-stainless guy and mirror polish it. I've not seen both in one go yet

I had a thread going but it got ruined by Photobucket

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    I had a thread going but it got ruined by Photobucket
    Imgur. Unlisted. That's what I use.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4