Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
I've read this comic book before. Not bashing; I would just do a single order at a time.

WONDAWOMAAAAN.JPG
Good luck with that. My Kafkaesque John Hervy adventure was over a single water pump I purchased from him.

He kept asking me when the core was going to arrive, and I kept e-mailing him the tracking number for the package with the delivery date and how someone at his address signed for it. Not my problem if his one-man operation cannot locate it, I show it as delivered, and I'm not there to help go through his house to find his stuff. I of course am nice as can be while telling him this in so many words that I don't know where the boxes in his house are.

Pump he sends me is defective. Squeals and appears to be leaking from the weep hole. I send it back. To his credit he sends another. But there is a teeny-tiny hiccup...

Pump he sends is lost in transit when the UPS truck carrying it is hit by a train. I cannot make this up. Me and Marty McFly are the only people to have DeLorean parts get destroyed by a train. I ask UPS where the package is and they tell me it's gone. After wrecks like this they just write everything off as a loss and toss stuff. Nothing I can do as I am the recipient, but the sender needs to file the claim with UPS. I e-mail John where my package is, and he says it's in transit. Mmm-hmm. I call him and tell him that it is not in transit, and that it's been lost and how that loss has occurred. We have a fun little go round of "What am I supposed to do?" about my replacement pump. Because of course we have to. The concept of how given that I am neither the driver of the UPS truck, nor the engineer of the train involved with the wreck of the ol' 97 here and thus not responsible for the loss of the package is lost on him at first. I explain that he needs to contact UPS as the shipper and file a claim. That is when I discover that the package may not exactly have been insured when it was shipped. That is a shame, but it is not my fault. He tells me that he still hasn't received my original core. I tell him the tracking number for the core to verify it arrived. He acknowledged he "must have it somewhere". He eventually agrees to send me a replacement pump as an act of "goodwill". This pump does work.

Not having learned my lesson, I did order an oil sender unit a little while later that had to be returned since it was leaking. Again, to his credit he sent out a replacement. But not before asking me if I still owed him a core for a water pump....because he couldn't remember... ಠ_ಠ