FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Just bought an 83, Lots of questions

I'm capable of completing repairs, but thanks. The seller's name is Alex and lives in Memphis. He's a lying POS. The car was totally not as described.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Ouchie...that sucks
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

If you didn't overpay then you aren't in too bad of a position if you can do a lot of the work yourself. The parts are not overly expensive and most repairs are not difficult once you know what to do and how to do it. We can help with what to do, how to do it, and where to get parts. It doesn't all have to be done at once. To get started replace all of the fluids and filters, check the date codes on the tires and battery. Get the Workshop Manual and if you need them, struts. You should move this post or start a new one in the General Discussions.
    Last edited by David T; 09-16-2017 at 10:24 AM.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic View Post
    I'm capable of completing repairs, but thanks. The seller's name is Alex and lives in Memphis. He's a lying POS. The car was totally not as described.
    Not the same guy I bought from. Ugh, sorry you got hosed. Hope the repairs turn out not to be too bad

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    most repairs are not difficult once you know what to do and how to do it.
    So... how would you know?
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Nothing witty here lest it offend

When did Bill take over Opethmike's account?

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic View Post
    The car was totally not as described.
    This would have been an accurate way to describe my own car when it arrived in 2007.

My car needed a lot of work. Most things were small to medium in size, but with such a long, long list of deficiencies, it got pretty overwhelming at times.

Whether you look at it as overpaying for the condition of the car you actually got, or feeling duped because you didn't get the car you were lead to believe you were getting, the first couple years can be nothing short of an emotional roller coaster (for me at least they were).

You're in the right place to get help figuring it all out. That's as much for technical support as it is the motivational kind. For as many hours as I spent on the phone or email with Dave at DMCMW talking car fixes, I spent double that easily talking to Julee about me fixes. Ask when you need help, that's what we're here for (most of the time anyway... sometimes we just like to get on each other's nerves a little, hehe).

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    16409

Here is a picture of my pump. This is how I have it all set up. Josh is right, it's best to have the quick fuel line connectors. Also there is a proper plug harness you can get:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Thanks for the great posts. I will get the pump taken care of after I replace the hydraulic clutch components and brake parts.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Even if you got a "nice" car, you should expect to find a LOT of "issues" with any 30 + year old car. You can whine that the PO should have told you about it but in the end it is on YOU, the buyer, to ascertain the condition of the car. Sometimes the seller is deceitful by lying, other times by omission. As a buyer you cannot believe a seller's descriptions, you should check it for yourself. Unless, in the Bill of Sale, a seller makes a representation of a condition, you cannot hold him to anything. The general rule is you are buying it "As Is, and Where Is". In the Bill of Sale the only representations commonly made are the mileage, the ownership, the price, and the VIN.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast