FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vin 10020 is home in Oregon

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Vin 10020 is home in Oregon

I meant start this thread on the drive home, we pretty much just drove .
    Chris was very Accommodating and met my brother an I at the airport in Jackson MS on the 3rd.
    all 10020 needs now is very good cleaning we killed a ton of bugs.
    Made it home about an hour ago cross country in 2 days !!! got lots of complaints and only few stupid comments.
    I will post some more tomorrow only thing that gave any real trouble was my water damaged iPhone.

Not sure if I should wash her up first or just go to the DMV tomorrow AM

Pic are Wyoming. more tomorrow and the one in the dark is the first Pic I took of after making her mine.\ I don"t know why they rotated like that they are not like that on my desktop....
    Attached Images
    Alex Brooks

My VIN:    10309

When I brought mine from California to Oregon I took it to DMV as soon as I could. Since it was inop I had to have it flatbedded to DMV and have the clerk come out and verify the VIN. It was good as was the California title so I registered it. The clerk told me I did the right thing before putting a bunch of money into restoration because they get people that come in that bought a car that was stolen or title wasn't properly signed, lien holder, etc. So in short, go to DMV and get it registered before you start an expensive restoration.

My VIN:    4877

Yep I could tell those pics were east of the rockies, since they were on their side or upside down...of course, coulda been australia too..hehe.

Congrats on getting her home and cant wait to see some pics
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Very good idea to Title it just as soon as you can. That way if there are any problems and you need the seller's help, you might still be able to get in touch with them. Wait and people move, die or just won't help. In some States there is a penalty if you don't Title it quickly. You do not have to register it when you Title it. That you can save for later. In some States you must have full insurance on it to register and plate it and that is a waste if you aren't driving it. It also has to be running so it can be inspected. If, for any reason, you decide to sell it, you will have a Title to do that. It is usually a hassle to Title an out-of-State vehicle so the sooner you do it the better.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Very good idea to Title it just as soon as you can. That way if there are any problems and you need the seller's help, you might still be able to get in touch with them. Wait and people move, die or just won't help. In some States there is a penalty if you don't Title it quickly. You do not have to register it when you Title it. That you can save for later. In some States you must have full insurance on it to register and plate it and that is a waste if you aren't driving it. It also has to be running so it can be inspected. If, for any reason, you decide to sell it, you will have a Title to do that. It is usually a hassle to Title an out-of-State vehicle so the sooner you do it the better.
    Oregon charges you an extra 55 bucks after the first 30 days I did not make it to the DMV today but I'm tomorrow right at 830.
    All excellent advice

now Oregon charges 7 dollars for them to come look at the vin. Im gonna try and convince them to let me transfer the plates from the Rover I sold to the Delorean I just renewed them I convinced them to do it once from a jeep to a range rover but im not sure I can get them to do it again but it would save some money.
    Alex Brooks

My VIN:    4877

I was able to transfer the plates from my Mustang to the Delorean...only requirement was that I had sold the Mustang already
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Ok then I should not have a problem...... I think it was because the Jeep had been totaled when a drunk hit me, I kept the plates and transferred them to range over I got running again ( I hate air suspension). But this was all years ago
    Alex Brooks

Alex- I am assuming that "complaints" in the original post should be "compliments."
    Glad y'all made it back to OR safely. Enjoy 10020 and keep me in the loop; send a pic to myself and Sharkpilot from time to time

My VIN:    10907

Congrats on a successful road trip! Man, you must've driven like a bat out of hell... It took me 4 days just to get from Chicago to SLC the first time, lol.

And hey, we're dinosaur buddies 20170907_091629_Film1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 63SWC View Post
    Alex- I am assuming that "complaints" in the original post should be "compliments."
    Glad y'all made it back to OR safely. Enjoy 10020 and keep me in the loop; send a pic to myself and Sharkpilot from time to time
    Yes Chris, I must have got auto corrected and did not catch it LOL just to excited to the post up I guess.
    I'm gonna change the oil today in 10020 and another car to quote Hank Hill "I change my oil every 3000 miles or when ever I'm bored whichever comes first,"

I want to go get some pictures of the car by the Clock Tower in Prineville, OR and in some other places to post but with all the wild fires it's SO smoking and ash covering everything.

Next week Im gonna go to my parents house and tire to find my extra set of Deloreans Rims and pick the best 4 and have them made to look like new if they are all 8 the same color. after 12 years I'm sure mom will be surprised I'm gonna do something with them.
    Alex Brooks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast