Using a modern child seat, even in a Delorean, is better than nothing but you are probably correct, the safest thing to do is not drive in a Delorean. No air bags, very low profile, terrible crash worthiness. At least most of us do not do it regularly so it reduces the statistical chances of getting into a crash. As for putting a child into the car, I would guess that whoever does it would only do it occasionally for a short trip and very carefully. I know, when I drive in my Delorean, all I can see is lugnuts. No one can see me because when they look in their rear view mirror they look right OVER me! I did add a third brake light though so maybe someone behind me won't hit me. There is a new safety item dealers are pushing now. It is a module to pulse the third brake light. It is supposed to help get a following driver's attention more quickly. The dealer wanted about $320 to put it into my new car. I looked it up and you can buy a tiny module for about $10 and install it yourself in about 10 minutes. I might try one.