FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: 20th Wedding Anniversary Road Trip

My VIN:    3294

20th Wedding Anniversary Road Trip

Me and the wife just back home on Thursday night from middle and western Pennsylvania for our 20th wedding anniversary road trip. Last year we took off to Chicago in the Delorean and left the car at DMC Midwest while we did the tourist stuff in the city.

This year we took off from middle Tennessee and headed north to Pennsylvania for a week of site seeing and visiting some friends who are also in the movie exhibition industry.

We stayed in the little town of Addison, Pennsylvania at a quaint little Bed and Breakfast. The owners were fantastic, the room was immaculate, and the food was amazing.

When I'm not showing movies in the dark, I work as an architectural designer for a Civil Engineering firm. My degree is in architecture, and I've always had a fascination with the work of Frank Lloyd Wright, the famous architect from the 1930's & 40's. The bed and breakfast we stayed at was about a 20-30 minute drive from one of his most famous works, "Falling Water". We took a tour of Falling Water on Tuesday afternoon and I totally geeked out.

Later on Tuesday afternoon, we headed over to Mt. Pleasant, Pennsylvania to visit the owner of the Evergreen Drive-In Theatre

Wednesday morning we spent hiking to the waterfalls in Ohiopyle State Park, and then headed out towards Pittsburgh to the town of Vandergrift to visit the owners of the Riverside Drive-In Theatre. Back in the Spring, me and the owner of the Riverside made a friendly wager during the Stanly Cup playoffs between the Nashville Predators and the Pittsburgh Penguins. Basically, whoever's team lost, the loser had to wear the opposing team's jersey or t-shirt to work for a whole weekend. Here's a picture of me holding up my end of the bargain wearing my new Penguins shirt.

By the time we rolled in to the driveway at home on Thursday night, the Delorean had logged 1,634.3 miles in fours days time. Only issue we had was a flaky cooling fan on the left hand side that kept going out whenever we'd hit a bump in the road or just whenever it wanted to. I've got Bitsynchmaster's (Dave M.) fused fan fail relay in the car, so the fan fail light worked exactly like it was supposed to. Ended up pulling off the interstate somewhere in BFE West Virginia and doing impromptu car repairs in a Walmart Parking lot. Ended up being corroded / rusted pins in the fan / harness connector. Scrubbed both sides of the connection with a brass bristle brush and everything went back to normal.

I spent all day on Saturday in the driveway cleaning 1,634 miles of nastiness off the car, and scrubbing it down with barkeepers friend.
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Very cool.. and Happy Aniversary! That is some great scenery in your pictures, I bet you saw much more.

Thanks for sharing.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    4519

That looks like an awesome good time!

My VIN:    4665

Happy Anniversary Barry!