Now that I'm finally back in Vegas, I'm anticipating on wrenching on my car to get her back on the road, starting either this winter or next spring. The bad news is the price of K-Jetronic parts. Between the basic list of major parts I need, along with the tools I need for K-Jet, and a buffer for miscellaneous supplies and items I may have missed, I'm looking at around $3,000 to repair the stock fuel injection system.

So I'd like to look into an EFI conversion. Not just as potentially a cheaper alternative, but while I am comfortable with K-Jet, I've had too many problems with it and ethanol, and I'm admittedly a bit concerned with the pool of available replacement parts. Now I don't anticipate that this would be a complete "plug & play" conversion that doesn't require work. Reading the posts I understand about the work put in for fabrication, and most of all testing. I also am not in any hurry here to get the system running. But with that, I have some questions that I've not seen answered in the sticky threads, or the others I've browsed.

1. Is there any turn-key kit that is available yet?

I know that DPI has a conversion service, but it's $6K, and I'd have to ship the car off. I'd rather do this myself for both the savings, as well as the education from a hands-on experience. Not that I'm complaining, since I understand it would damn near be the same cost to have K-Jet repaired at a service center. But I like to DIY things.

2. What is the average cost of an EFI Conversion?
I have a target of $3K for K-Jet. Would EFI come in under that?

3. Which would be the preferred engine to perform an EFI Conversion on?
I would assume that the 3.0L PRV would be easier given that the manifold already has bungs for the injectors, and requires less fabrication. But am I wrong? Also, is there any reason that the 3.0 wouldn't be compatible with aftermarket exhausts like DPI's?

4. If no full kit is available, is there at least a complete list of what automotive parts are needed for the conversion?

Both parts, numbers, and available sources.

5. Does anyone who has an EFI conversion have tailpipe emissions readings?
I see the fuel maps and whatnot for tuning, but what I'm curious about is how clean the engines run since I would still be subject to emissions testing. Accordingly of course, I need to ensure the Evaporative emissions system is still in place, and I'll be running dual catalytic converters. But what about NOx and CO2 readings? Does anyone have any?

I've always liked K-Jet because I understood it, but I feel that it's time to finally retire the system and move on to something more modern, and more reliable since it doesn't have as many failure points. If I can move on, I sure as hell will.

Big thank you in advance to everyone.