FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: EFI Conversion Questions.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

I'm curious - what are you using for a camshaft trigger / timing? I've wondered but never asked.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    10270

-Removed the impulse coil / advance assembly.
    -Enlarged the hole where the advance canister mounted (to fit the sensor)
    -Use a 55505 tooth sensor for pickup, mounted to a 2-piece distributor body adapter made from aluminum stock.
    -Formed and attached a metal 50/50 single tooth to the original reluctor (cant really see it in the attached pic).

I'll admit to abusing JB weld to make this work Now that I know its functional I'll probably pick up a spare reluctor and have a part properly welded together.

Being attached to the rear of the distributor, the sensor can be easily changed if necessary. I used the same 55505 on the crank wheel as well and keep a spare in the glovebox.

The advance spring & weights are maintained to ensure a full range of timing without any phase/crossfiring concerns.

IMAG2590.jpg
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Awesome, thank you - that is good to know. Since I don't have a distributor, it looks like I'd have to put some sort of wheel on the end of a camshaft.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    Awesome, thank you - that is good to know. Since I don't have a distributor, it looks like I'd have to put some sort of wheel on the end of a camshaft.
    10308175_833408566672658_4604407445116557359_n.jpg

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

EFI Conversion Questions.

I have the same setup there. Was talking about a cam wheel/trigger to run sequential injection. Which, I can’t run anyway since I have EDIS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    I have the same setup there. Was talking about a cam wheel/trigger to run sequential injection. Which, I can’t run anyway since I have EDIS

Gotcha

i dont really see how a PRV could benefit from sequential injection / spark. Might not be worth the effort.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

I don’t see how any engine running above a nice slow place could benefit from it...

-----Dan B.

My VIN:    10270

I was able to lower AFR .1 to .2 just fooling around with injector timing at low RPM. B28F seems happy to have fuel injected into an open(ing) valve. I haven't spent any time in that table since but I suspect there may be a little more efficiency to be picked up once my VE table is sorted.

I wanted to try SFI because it didn't seem to have been done. Talking with the MS folks, I didn't come away with a good feeling about timing precision when using the distributor pickup for engine speed. Adding the crank wheel to guarantee timing means you need cam phase anyway on the oddfire block. Thusly I climbed the sequential mountain "because it was there"
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    I wanted to try SFI because it didn't seem to have been done. Talking with the MS folks, I didn't come away with a good feeling about timing precision when using the distributor pickup for engine speed. Adding the crank wheel to guarantee timing means you need cam phase anyway on the oddfire block. Thusly I climbed the sequential mountain "because it was there"
    A many tooth tach wheel on the crank would give you much faster RPM response readings even with an even fire engine. The odd fire engine you have to use two ignition pulses to measure RPM which even slows down response more. Fast response is helpful getting a better idle.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

EFI Conversion Questions.

I am under the impression you need both crank position AND cam position to have sequential injection. This is why even with the ECU knowing cam position, with EDIS the ECU has no idea what stroke the engine is on (since it doesn’t get a 36/1 signal from the crank sensor) thus sequential is not possible.

-----Dan B.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast