FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DeLorean-Bricklin connection?

My VIN:    04610

DeLorean-Bricklin connection?

I have a question : a friend of mine is selling his Bricklin here in Belgium and he's got a story about how John DeLorean 'used' a Bricklin prototype as an inspiration to build the first DeLorean. I told him that's not the case, the DeLorean prototype was designed by Giugiaro and that there is no connection between the two. But he's convinced that's how it happened, he's read it in a book about Malcolm Bricklin a few years ago.

Is there a connection between Bricklin and DeLorean? Something that I don't know about yet? I guess it could be the truth, but I've never heard of that and maybe someone knows more about this ...

Thanks!
    Andy

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    10644

I recently found myself in an argument with a guy that said that Malcolm Bricklin's first prototype was too angular to his liking, so he sold it off to John DeLorean and THAT car was Proto 1. Bricklin then went on to refine and perfect his design, creating the SV-1.

Riiiiight....

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I know DMC Inc had a 1955 Mercedes 300SL gullwing in their inventory of company cars at one point.

And no Bricklin.

Just saying.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

There can be no doubt that JZD knew about the Bricklin and the M/B gull wing cars. It had to have had some impact on his decision to want them incorporated into his design. The other connection was Consolidated Industries. They were a big investor in DMC and they bought out the inventory when the company went bankrupt. They also bought out the inventory when Malcolm Briklin went bust in the 70's. CI also bought other orphan cars like Peugot. DMC bought what was left when CI went bust.
    David Teitelbaum

the "Visioneering" prototype cars establish another point in common between Delorean and Bricklin.

"... The prototype was built by hand in Fraser at Visioneering Inc., which also worked on the ill-fated Bricklin. But the difference between DeLorean's venture and that of Malcolm Bricklin is substantial, says Thomas D. Vertin, Visioneering's manufacturing vice-president. "There's no comparison," Vertin says. "He (Bricklin) comes In In cowboy boots and says, 'Let's build a car." We were cutting corners all the time, and you couldn't talk to him about problems. DeLorean's going first-class." DeLorean, of course, is the former General "Motors executive who quit the company In 1973 and finally scraped up the money for his car company. ..."

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/98463834/
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

The bricklin also had 4 wheels, so there must be a connection...
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    The bricklin also had 4 wheels, so there must be a connection...
    1ws9at.jpg

My favorite Malcom Bricklin quote was from a '73 or so interview about the thinking behind the dominant automatic transmissions and purposeful exclusion of a cigarette lighter & ash tray because he "...build(s) cars for guys that don't know shit about cars. Like me!"
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Lol..i watched a documentary on youtube last night about Bricklin (yeah I never really paid much attention to it before)....what a sheister... Cant believe people would trust him.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    3028

Sheister= yes you can't trust those Jewish lawyers
    Barry