Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Engine rev when in park

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date:  May 2013

    Location:  Detroit, Michigan

    Posts:    34

    My VIN:    2723

    Thanks Everyone!
    NCK T I will give this a try.

    Mike

  2. #12
    Senior Member NckT's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Yorkshire UK

    Posts:    120

    My VIN:    No. 4068

    Good luck
    RIP Rob van de Veer Top bloke

    I say Sir, I must be mad, one loves fixing K-Jet !

    Make sure there's plenty in the tank for the weekend chaps....

  3. #13
    Mr. Pickles-mobile Shep's Avatar
    Join Date:  Sep 2011

    Location:  Akron, Ohio

    Posts:    1,696

    My VIN:    559

    Quote Originally Posted by NckT View Post
    Mines an auto and it doesn't stall ...
    Does it fluctuate at idle? Mine does with an idle slightly too low.
    Proud owner and operator of



    https://Raccin.Industries/

  4. #14
    Senior Member NckT's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Yorkshire UK

    Posts:    120

    My VIN:    No. 4068

    Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Does it fluctuate at idle? Mine does with an idle slightly too low.
    No. It only has a slight change when moving from park to drive (foot on the brake of course) or back again.

    The procedure works on all engine types and worked on that twin turbo one that Chris Nicholson has, when I helped him get rid of the pinking under load (until I get round to reverse engineering it in is entirety one day.)
    RIP Rob van de Veer Top bloke

    I say Sir, I must be mad, one loves fixing K-Jet !

    Make sure there's plenty in the tank for the weekend chaps....

  5. #15
    Mr. Pickles-mobile Shep's Avatar
    Join Date:  Sep 2011

    Location:  Akron, Ohio

    Posts:    1,696

    My VIN:    559

    Quote Originally Posted by NckT View Post
    No. It only has a slight change when moving from park to drive (foot on the brake of course) or back again.

    The procedure works on all engine types and worked on that twin turbo one that Chris Nicholson has, when I helped him get rid of the pinking under load (until I get round to reverse engineering it in is entirety one day.)
    Oooh, you're talking about the post you made, okay, I got the disconnect, my bad. I hadn't yet clicked the link but had it on my "reading list" for when the new appliances showed up today.

    Mine, there's an 800 RPM fluctuation. Keep in mind it's NOT stock, there's a few performance engine mods (well, "performance" is overselling it for automatics at least), camshafts, crankshafts, forged parts, by the time you're messing with all that, K-Jet shows its limits. Like I said, it CAN work, but it's clunky. Most mechanics would charge half a grand in labor alone. That's a good metric of bad design.

    (Did I read right in that it requires an oscilloscope? I've been eyeballing the things for years, but I haven't found one under $1,000 in price)
    Proud owner and operator of



    https://Raccin.Industries/

  6. #16
    Senior Member Bitsyncmaster's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Leonardtown, MD

    Posts:    6,653

    My VIN:    03572

    Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    (Did I read right in that it requires an oscilloscope? I've been eyeballing the things for years, but I haven't found one under $1,000 in price)
    You really don't need a fast scope for auto work but this is the one I have. The price has even dropped.

    https://www.circuitspecialists.com/h...-dso5202p.html
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

  7. #17
    Mr. Pickles-mobile Shep's Avatar
    Join Date:  Sep 2011

    Location:  Akron, Ohio

    Posts:    1,696

    My VIN:    559

    Thanks Dave!!! Guess they're not so expensive after all
    Proud owner and operator of



    https://Raccin.Industries/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •