FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Rear suspension questions

My VIN:    5625

Rear suspension questions

Hey guys-

Last winter I completed the restore of the front end of my car. I used delorean europe lowering springs, new alluminium LCA's, steering rack, brakes, and spax shocks. The handling difference was amazing.

This winter i was planning on doing the same with the rear suspension. The thing is I quite like the bit of rake the car has with stock springs in the back. When I swap the shocks out with spax to match the front, if I were to re-use the stock springs will I be able to retain the rake the car currently has? I have no interest in lowering the rear. Also I was wondering if there would be an issue re-using the rear springs? I was going to have them sandblasted and powder coated. Is it worth it or am I just trying to polish a turd here? Would it not be wise to re-use simply due to the age of the springs? I would purchase new springs, but all I see for sale are lowered ones. Does anyone sell stock sized springs other than DMC NOS?

What do you guys think?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Keep the rear springs if you like them

New shocks shouldn't affect ride height.

2015 VW e golf
    2005 BMW 120i
    1987 Porsche 928 S4
    1981 Delorean dmc-12
    1980 Fiat bertone X1/9

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

I still have my stock springs doing nothing but sitting around. I replaced EVERYTHING of my brakes and suspension. Full adustable coilovers with 16 position dampeners, stainless LCA's w/adjustable LCA support bars and rear radius arms and Wilwood 4 piston front calipers with drilled and slotted rotors. Came off my car with 39k miles. I like the racked look also. You can have all my springs for $100 if you like? Last pic with my wifes Challenger was in spring with stock stuff. Also have new machined wheels and tires.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    02530

No need to buy new ones, blast or sand and paint them, you will be good to go. The Spax are adjustable in the rear so just make sure you take a ride height measurement before you pull the old ones off so you can get it back to the same position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin 02530 View Post
    No need to buy new ones, blast or sand and paint them, you will be good to go. The Spax are adjustable in the rear so just make sure you take a ride height measurement before you pull the old ones off so you can get it back to the same position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Will do! Thank you for the response.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    Will do! Thank you for the response.
    I agree with the consensus here but you might consider AVO's for the back. The Spax rears have been known to break at the lower mtg point and the company has distanced itself from the problem. In short if it happens....no warranty!