FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Wheel paint code Middle East Cars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    11789

Wheel paint code Middle East Cars

My car is vin 11789, and if you look at this thread you can see that it has some (Delorean) historical significance.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?17...East-Deloreans

I've had this car since Jan 2017, and in my spare time I have spent some time working on this "project".

Mine was sprayed red, by the dealership in Dubai, and when I got it, it was back to stainless - albeit it needs a total regrain.

I see evidence of the red sprayjob as I work on the car - the wheels were also sprayed red, then a previous owner resprayed them a silver colour.

The 50 exports all used the earlier dark wheels.

With this in mind, I am using a local company here in Cardiff,UK, to totally refurbish the wheels and they need to know paint/powder coating codes.

I can't believe how "guarded" a secret this is after 35 years, and have spent some time trying to track this information down.

Before (hopefully) you guys chime in:-
    • There is nobody close to me that has a Delorean with the same wheels
    • I cannot have mine scanned as the original colour is no longer on the wheel
    • I cannot justify spending UK prices on a new set of wheels
    • I would like to keep my wheels "as is" - that's what the car came with

So has anybody got the codes for my wheel please?
    Thanks
    Currently resurrecting Vin # 11789 - One of the batch of 50 exported to the Middle East in 1982.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

kevin,

going forward, could you post all these questions in General Discussion, please?

FAQ section is supposed to be just for members to post proven answers to frequently asked questions.

thanks
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    kevin,

going forward, could you post all these questions in General Discussion, please?

FAQ section is supposed to be just for members to post proven answers to frequently asked questions.

thanks
    ooops just as I posted the picture, your message came up - sorry about selecting the wrong section. Do you want to/can you move it? Cheers
    Last edited by SpudMurphy; 10-18-2017 at 09:48 AM.
    Currently resurrecting Vin # 11789 - One of the batch of 50 exported to the Middle East in 1982.

"believe me sir, those wheels are still good for another 35 years!!" wheel.jpg