FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Factory and Test Track

My VIN:    2412

Club(s):   (DMA)

Factory and Test Track

Hello, sorry if this has been covered before. Feel free to post links to other threads. I'm planning a trip to Ireland in May and want to visit the old factory and test track. Does anyone have any information on it? I know where it is but is it accessible, can you get close enough to actually see anything, are you allowed in? If not, who currently owns it and is it worth reaching out in hopes of getting permission to gain access?

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Generally "no" to all of those questions.

It's now owned by Montupet who run their business there. Through careful discussions with loca owners, they allow access about every 5 years for Eurofest.

You can drive up to the gates but can't see much more than a few office buildings. Nothing that says DeLorean unfortunately.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Generally "no" to all of those questions.

It's now owned by Montupet who run their business there. Through careful discussions with loca owners, they allow access about every 5 years for Eurofest.

You can drive up to the gates but can't see much more than a few office buildings. Nothing that says DeLorean unfortunately.
    Yep, correct on all points. And, yes, the topic comes up in other threads here, too.

As mentioned in those other threads be sure you visit the Ulster Folk & Transport Museum while in the area - as of last year there were 2.5 DeLoreans on display there.
    LINK: UF&TM website

With luck Montupet will open the factory and the test track to DeLorean Eurofest 2021 participants as at past Eurofests.

Surprise! We can see they recently opened the test track (and not the factory) to a charity car show crowd, including several DeLoreans:
    Article: Back to the Factory Car Show - Aug. 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9H8sGj7u30
    Last edited by Rich; 10-19-2017 at 02:57 PM.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Google earth has a pretty good view of it in 3d although no street view (yet)

My VIN:    2412

Club(s):   (DMA)

Thanks everyone.