FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help!!!! Buzzer and no crank at engine

Help!!!! Buzzer and no crank at engine

HI THERE, need help, yesterday car was running great, suddently stall and missing, and stall, Tried to restart , buzzer sound and relay cliking no crank at engine nothing.

check the battery and getting 9.8V so the battery was very low, but will a low battery do that, Buzzer sound + relay cliking or got another problem ?

the doors were opened for 3 days so the battery was discharge at the begginning.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by tiguido View Post
    HI THERE, need help, yesterday car was running great, suddently stall and missing, and stall, Tried to restart , buzzer sound and relay cliking no crank at engine nothing.

check the battery and getting 9.8V so the battery was very low, but will a low battery do that, Buzzer sound + relay cliking or got another problem ?

the doors were opened for 3 days so the battery was discharge at the begginning.
    Get the battery recharged and tested. If over 5 years old just replace it. Make sure the alternator is working.
    David Teitelbaum

but will a low battery created a buzzer sound with no start ?

My VIN:    5625

but will a low battery created a buzzer sound with no start ?
    Yes it could. You may just not have enough voltage to fully kick over the starter.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    03572

If your battery reads 9.8 volts without any loads, it is pretty much fully discharged. Yes that probably causes the relay to chatter.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

+1

If the power gets low enough, even the smaller relays can 'buzz'. Usually a high pitch tho...just enough power to pull the contacts together, which passes power to some device, which drags the power so low the points open...which starts it all over again.

Time for a battery check...

So the buzzer i am hearing clearly is not the car door buzzer but a relay buzzer cause by the low battery voltage.

right ?

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Based on your description - yes. (But we are not there with you).

Either

a) disconnect the door buzzer

or

b) charge/replace the battery

and see what changes
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Reiterating what David T pointed to in post #2 - make sure the battery is tested/charged. If it is OK or if you replace it then be sure the charging system is OK. Should be running at ~13-14 volts.

What likely happened is that the battery slowly lost charge during the time you drove it til the voltage dropped so low the fuel pump could not deliver enough pressure to open the injectors. That killed the engine. Then you found out that the starter wouldn't work (clicking relay), again due to the low voltage. Good that you got the voltage reading for us.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

ok battery test very good, so done a bebuilt on my starter and alternator, anyone has a wiring diagram of the starter circuit and alternator ?

thanks ! will try to fix it this weekend !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast