FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Meet & Greet

My VIN:    4519

Meet & Greet

Jimmy (Powerline84) and I are going to meet in Tupper Lake NY at the Raquette River Brewing Company this Saturday afternoon.

There seems to be very few owners within driving distance, but if anyone is interested in joining us, here's the location: http://www.raquetteriverbrewing.com/

Tupper lake should be a nice scenic drive from any direction....it'll be a good day for a Fall drive.
    Last edited by Rich_NYS; 10-19-2017 at 04:28 PM.

It was a great day for a drive, and had an amazing coincidence: Bill Collins' son and daughter-in-law happened to be there...very nice people, and obviously highly familiar with the car. The Hagerty/Leno article came up in conversation; I told him about Dana's letter being in an upcoming issue, he'll be watching for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    It was a great day for a drive, and had an amazing coincidence: Bill Collins' son and daughter-in-law happened to be there...very nice people, and obviously highly familiar with the car. The Hagerty/Leno article came up in conversation; I told him about Dana's letter being in an upcoming issue, he'll be watching for it.
    You did NOT just gloss over a meet and greet with the brainchild family of OH COME ON details!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    You did NOT just gloss over a meet and greet with the brainchild family of OH COME ON details!!!!!!
    lol....I didn't think anyone was reading anything I post.

I've been pretty busy, but I'll post pics & more details soon....

I'll post about my drive in my driving thread, but here's a few details & pics:

Jimmy & I met in Tupper Lake for lunch. There were a lot of spectators and Delorazzi. A friendly, well-mannered dude walks up: asks a few [very] legit questions about our cars, makes small talk, mentions he was at JZD's funeral, then leaves. Shortly after, his wife leads him back and insists he tell us his dad was an engineer for DeLorean back in the beginning. I ask Ted's last name, and he says: "Collins."
    He & his wife were very nice and we talked for a long time. It appeared he was interested in talking with us more when he first arrived, but kept it brief 'cause he didn't want to come off the wrong way.....he's a really cool guy.

They really like the car and we all took pics to share. He took a pic of Jimmy's front stabilizer bar (in the trunk) to show his dad. He obviously was very knowledgeable about the car and had insightful things to say (stuff about Lotus....etc.) I mentioned the Jay Leno article and Dana's letter to Hagerty. He showed us a pic on his phone of his Dad & Jay Leno together -lol.

It was a really good time & nice finish to the season. Jimmy's a cool sumbitch to hang with.

20171021_171012.jpg
    Me & Bill Collins' son Ted

20171021_171459.jpg
    Ted, Jimmy, and Jess. Ted & Jimmy are both tall dudes.

20171021_164722.jpg
    DeLorean-envy -lol

22554966_10212180340356563_5380326988542192459_n.jpg22688458_10212180340196559_6983025924170179570_n.jpg
    I think these are the pics he took & sent us.

20171021_181209.jpg
    On my way home
    Last edited by Rich_NYS; 10-26-2017 at 01:18 PM.

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Man though, "I was at JZD's funeral" and leaving would be a shame if that was the end of it! Good on his wife for encouraging him. Awesome stuff.

It's okay though, I'm short too. 5' 8" with a valid excuse. I'd be 6' even if my spine weren't so jacked up!!!

Wrong gender of ass in your pic though by the door... At least the guy sat down for Jimmy's pic!

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Man though, "I was at JZD's funeral" and leaving would be a shame if that was the end of it! Good on his wife for encouraging him. Awesome stuff.

It's okay though, I'm short too. 5' 8" with a valid excuse. I'd be 6' even if my spine weren't so jacked up!!!

Wrong gender of ass in your pic though by the door... At least the guy sat down for Jimmy's pic!
    Ted looks to be about 6'4"...I think Jimmy is ~6'2"....I'm gonna wear friggin' Kiss boots the next time we get together -lol!

My VIN:    2706

This was an awesome day. To clarify I am 72" lol