FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust tips

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Didn't you hear the announcement? Josh has a new, 100% stainless steel, forced-induction wiper motor coming out in 2018. It'll clean the glass right off your windshield! Ain't that right JB?!

Truth be told, I'd be down for some SS wiper arms, especially if polished.

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Didn't you hear the announcement? Josh has a new, 100% stainless steel, forced-induction wiper motor coming out in 2018. It'll clean the glass right off your windshield! Ain't that right JB?!
    And it will cost only $30,000!
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    And it will cost only $30,000!
    Seriously though... Gauging interest in stainless wiper system.....
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    Seriously though... Gauging interest in stainless wiper system.....
    I think stainless Wiper arms would look good. I'm not paying 30grand for them
    lol
    Alex Brooks

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Brooks View Post
    I think stainless Wiper arms would look good.lol
    Until you drive into the sun some afternoon.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

I would be more concerned about applying the fight club monologue mathematics to the DMCH fuel pump "recall" than stainless wiper arms. The following taken from a reputable internet source:

"The Inane Explained"

"A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one."

So boiling it down, there are the four variables.
    A. Number of vehicles
    B. Probable rate of failure
    C. Average out-of-court settlement
    X. Cutoff number for a recall

Following the narrator's math, X<A*B*C or Recall<Vehicles*Probability*Settlement

Sounds terrible and mathematical right? If a business does this, we should boycott their clearly unethical behavior, right? Well, legally, this is not only ethical, but legal and expected behavior from any person.

Welcome, to the wonderful world of negligence law. In particular, the formula the narrator describes is a rephrased version of the "Calculus of Negligence" or Hand Test. Now, lawyer's typically aren't good at math, so leave it to them to make a very basic Algebraic formula "Calculus." Here there are three variables:

B. Burden of taking Precaution
    P. Probability
    L. Loss

Applied, this formula comes out as B<P*L or Burden<Probability*Loss.

Starting to look familiar? That's because this is the same formula the narrator rattled off. The probability multiplied by the number of the cars in the field gives you the total probability of loss in the field. The loss in this case is the average settlement, and as 97% of cases are settled out of court, using the average out of court settlement is completely fair.

So was the car company evil? That's completely debatable from a moral perspective. Granted, they didn't beat people half to death, but they didn't do a voluntary recall to save some lives. However, legally, they were completely in the right, as long as their math was right.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    I would be more concerned about applying the fight club monologue mathematics to the DMCH fuel pump "recall" than stainless wiper arms. The following taken from a reputable internet source:

"The Inane Explained"
    Josh, what exactly are you insinuating about DMCH's recall? As an affected customer, I feel they handled it promptly and professionally.

I read your post as an attempt to deflect the negative attention off yourself. Perhaps you can explain again the inane mathematics that went behind your business policy of excluding an entire country? To me, blacklisting the Canadians is like kicking your sweet grandmother in the shins. Eh?
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

We didn't black list Canadians. Just Quebec. Not sure where you are getting the all of Canada thing from. I was just responding to the insinuation that stainless wiper arms would pose a liability while driving with a current liability and the statistics behind it. And what negative attention? Didn't know joking about making 30k stainless wiper arms was negative??
    Last edited by Delorean Industries; 10-25-2017 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Verb usage

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Wait a minute.....wasn't this about exhausts or exhaust tips or something? Anyone wanna buy a DPI SPEC I exhaust? I hear they are really nice?

For what it's worth, DMCH James page 1 directly confronted DPI Josh on the "inventory habits of others" bit, which let's be honest could be about Summit Racing even. I used to work for Summit, their inventory process is a crapshoot. Until that point in the thread, no vendor had poked a stick at any other vendor. Fuel to the fire.

Yes, the fuel pump recall is a bit haphazard, recalls always are. I don't know much more to comment on that, but from the snippets I have seen it looks messy. 559 had one of those pumps for a while, probably on your list somewhere, I can email the original owner's name to cross it off your list but would rather keep it off a public forum to respect the family. He's deceased, the son isn't in the community anymore, and the pump died in a tank of bad gas, so it's safe to cross off the list.

DPI not shipping to Canada? He's openly said he does already, as for why not Quebec, I'll let him answer that. From my conversations with Josh, it wasn't an easy choice, it was a series of bad business deals that forced him to go that route. Frankly if that was my company it was happening to, I'd call it fraud but that's just me. I'm just hoping that as my company grows, the BS doesn't!

Again, not really taking sides here, just, as a up-and-coming guy, my stance at some point will become relevant. Thankfully I won't be a "vendor", but making parts for the niche yes I will be involved in some form.
    Last edited by Shep; 10-25-2017 at 09:16 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast