FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Help! Car jerks under light driving conditions

My VIN:    02530

Help! Car jerks under light driving conditions

Wondering if anyone has had a similar issue with their car and figured out a remedy? After speaking with DMCMW sounds like this has been present in several cars but no real fix has been found. Manual transmission at any gear doing any rpm the car will have a intermittent slight jerk to it. It’s more present at lower RPM like around 2000-2500. Does not matter if I’m doing 15mph or 70 it’s usually present while just cruising along. Comes and goes. It’s slight and not serious but just enough to be annoying. Under acceleration it’s a non issue, car is smooth. It’s just when feathering the pedal at cruising speed. Higher RPM 2700-3300 seems to help reduce the problem but it’s still there a bit. I’ve had some mention brake issues but they are not the problem as they have all been rebuilt and when coasting in neutral it’s smooth. Complete new fuel system, new plugs, cap , rotor, wires and vacuum lines. Any help or input appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My VIN:    03572

I would guess it to be ignition because I don't think fuel problems can change that quickly. Anyway intermittent electrical problem due to vibration seem to crop up. Your ignition resistors connections would be the first thing to check. Make sure the pins are clean and tight. Don' forget to inspect the crimps if possible. Then the bulkhead connector pins are another common problem.

If your problem is consistent, I would just make a run with the idle switch disconnected since if it got intermittent connection that advance change may cause a jerk.

You could also try running open loop with the lambda system. You can do that by jumping the wide open throttle switch.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    02530

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I would guess it to be ignition because I don't think fuel problems can change that quickly. Anyway intermittent electrical problem due to vibration seem to crop up. Your ignition resistors connections would be the first thing to check. Make sure the pins are clean and tight. Don' forget to inspect the crimps if possible. Then the bulkhead connector pins are another common problem.

If your problem is consistent, I would just make a run with the idle switch disconnected since if it got intermittent connection that advance change may cause a jerk.

You could also try running open loop with the lambda system. You can do that by jumping the wide open throttle switch.
    Thank you for the feedback! I will start here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

stupid yet easy suggestion - make sure the throttle cable and spool move easily and smoothly.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.