FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Intermittent fuse box connections?

Intermittent fuse box connections?

Hi all-I have verified that I've got at lease one intermittent connection at my fuse box; my window switches will come and go if i physically shift the fuse box. I have 2 other electrical issues that I have not verified to trace to the fuse box, but they do exist. I've never stripped apart a fuse box; I'm competent soldering, but I'd love to not go "full rats nest" on this if I don't have to. Any suggestions? Spray cleaner? I've got some Caig deoxit, but I like to ask folks who have been down any road before I go spraying any cleaners anywhere. Any suggestions would be much appreciated-thanks!

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Have not heard of that kind of problem on this car or any other car.

Since each circuit in the fuse box is individual you likely have just one or a few intermittents. Unlikely they would all go bad or become intermittent at once.

Recommend that if you haven't tried this already first pull each "intermittent circuit" fuse and replace it or at least clean the blades to see if it helps. I do all of mine about every 5 yrs. Known to also help avoid a melted fuse box.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Yea, I hadn't seen it before on a car either. Since the window switches have LED's in them, I can literally hold the fuse box in my hand, tilt it left to right a few inches, and watch the LED's come on and off. I'll start at the fuse harnesses from the topside, and see where I get.

My VIN:    03572

The OEM fuse block connectors are pretty poor. I would just bit the bullet and get the DMC fuse block kit. When you do one circuit at a time you can really clean up the tangles in the harness so it really looks better than new.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Common for the connectors to "back out" and not grip the blades but just touch. Make sure each connector is all the way up and in the fuseblock and relay blocks.
    David Teitelbaum