FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Vin 10201

My VIN:    10201

I took the transmission off the jack and on some shop rags. I had to raise the car up about another 1/4", but I was able to slide it under the frame. I had no issues pulling the engine out. Miraculously had enough clearance with the louvres on and enough behind the car to lower it onto a furniture dolly.

Not much mechanical work this week, but I've picked up an arduino, some temp sensors and relays. Also got a raspberry pi and 7" touchscreen. I ordered the motor controller and learned that theyre just about to release an obd2 converter for it. Using an additional raspberry pi shield I should be able to use that to display a digital dash. Things are starting to fall in place.

Got my arduino coded for cooling fan operation. I didnt get much detail from my online search but one post saying the fans should not come on until coolant temp is 135F. Idea is that this replaces the otterstat switch. This is using VMA320 Temp sensor and VMA406 5V relay. I have no idea if the fans will ever be needed. Im guessing this could work for the PRV as well with the temp set higher. In retrospect, i could probably have just gotten a sensor for the leaf...

Code:
    #include <math.h>

int relayPin = 8;// define output pin for relay

void setup() {
      pinMode(LED_BUILTIN, OUTPUT);
      pinMode(relayPin, OUTPUT);// define pin 8 as output
    }

void loop() {
      double RawADC = analogRead(A0);
      double Temp;
      Temp = log(10000.0 / (1024.0 / RawADC - 1)); // for pull-up configuration
      Temp = 1 / (0.001129148 + (0.000234125 + (0.0000000876741 * Temp * Temp )) * Temp );
      Temp = Temp - 273.15;            // Convert Kelvin to Celcius
      Temp = (Temp * 9.0) / 5.0 + 32.0; //Convert C to F
      int Temp1 = Temp;
      if (Temp1 >= 135) digitalWrite(relayPin, LOW); // turn the relay on
      else digitalWrite(relayPin, HIGH);   // turn the relay off
      delay(1000);
    }

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I look forward to seeing photos of this awesome project when completed.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Thanks

I got a rough start on the touchscreen interface after finding a decent graphic based programming tool. I'm using Processing like bttws did on his digital dash. On my windows computer right now, but ill probably start programming it directly on the pi when i get a proper power supply. Sadly I left it at my dad's house this weekend.

Starting to look better. I also ordered the carberry shield so that I'll be able to plug into the OBD2 port and build a digital dash. I need to know the dimensions of the cluster before I can order a screen.

Should be packaging up the PRV tomorrow

Testing out my new surface conditioning tool. Way faster than anything before, but i still need to focus more on the first 2 stages. Also need better lighting

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4