FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Brake master cylinder question

My VIN:    3028

Brake master cylinder question

Is there supposed to be something plugged into the red part of the cap of the master cylinder? It looks like it is set up for an electrical connection.
    Barry

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    Is there supposed to be something plugged into the red part of the cap of the master cylinder? It looks like it is set up for an electrical connection.
    Yes. Look for a black rectangular plug in connector laying on the frame below. It is the low fluid indicator.
    Rob

My VIN:    3028

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    Yes. Look for a black rectangular plug in connector laying on the frame below. It is the low fluid indicator.
    Rob
    Thank you Rob,I found it. When I had my car serviced they said the brakes felt sticky. Now going through the brakes myself I would have never imagined they were this bad, no juice to the back brakes, handbrake cables not connected, brake fluid that looks like gravy. I was lucky the car didn’t catch on fire because prior to looking into the system, I test drove it, and at one point I looked in my rear view mirror and there was smoke. The rear brake caliper was squeezing the rotor and it got so hot the rear fender was hot to the touch.
    Barry

My VIN:    3937

Hey Barry, here's some more info on that level switch and a couple of pictures too.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15...roubleshooting

Sept. 81, auto, black interior