Advanced intellectual stimulation

-Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    6585

This thread has the potential to become an experiment in perpetual aural & cerebral endurance.

Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Calling Carpenters in need of Interplanetary Snacks

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

I'm still trying to figure out what this thread is about/for?

Here's a brain numbing, uh, Intellectual video. A grown man, (me), playing with a foam R/C plane years ago.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    Calling Carpenters in need of Interplanetary Snacks

I always loved this song. (I still have the original 45)...

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quite interesting. I watched it in it's entirety and although I had a basic idea of the premise, I decided to watch it a few more times to make sure my synopsis holds water. The piece is about us, and how we have become accustomed, and in some cases numb to the world we live in. The figure on the right illustrates us in our present form, surrounded by stimuli and amazing things everywhere we look, yet we are not even amused. We used to be(as demonstrated by the figure on the left) but as time goes by and much like a drug addict, the high wears off and a more potent dose(the iPhone X) is required to achieve the same high which never comes as intense as the first. This piece graphically shows us how as our technology develops in ways we could have never dreamed of, we remain dormant, even to the point of devolving, surrendering ourselves to our technology which has replaced every facet of our lives leaving us a drooling consumer of whatever our new AI robots feed us.

This was very poignant study into the depths of human sacrifice to our own selves. Very well done.

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what this thread is about/for?
    This is one of those Johnathan Livingston Seagull threads that occasionally manifest out of the ether. In order to understand the thread, you must begin by knowing that you understand the posts.

Which reminds me. I've been out of Blue Stratos for about 22 years. I need another bottle.

Also, cool plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Quite interesting. I watched it in it's entirety and although I had a basic idea of the premise, I decided to watch it a few more times to make sure my synopsis holds water. The piece is about us, and how we have become accustomed, and in some cases numb to the world we live in. The figure on the right illustrates us in our present form, surrounded by stimuli and amazing things everywhere we look, yet we are not even amused. We used to be(as demonstrated by the figure on the left) but as time goes by and much like a drug addict, the high wears off and a more potent dose(the iPhone X) is required to achieve the same high which never comes as intense as the first. This piece graphically shows us how as our technology develops in ways we could have never dreamed of, we remain dormant, even to the point of devolving, surrendering ourselves to our technology which has replaced every facet of our lives leaving us a drooling consumer of whatever our new AI robots feed us.

This was very poignant study into the depths of human sacrifice to our own selves. Very well done.
    That's deep, man. And here I just thought this was what a high-as-hell Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan would listen to whist boning.

Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...