FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Delorean industries test pipes

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Delorean industries test pipes

I have the Delorean Industries spec 1 exhaust system plus the Cams on my Delorean. I would like to remove the catalytic converter ( my part of Oregon does not do emission testing) my question is will these fit http://www.deloreanindustries.com/spec-i-exhaust/ ? it look like my cats only have 3 bolts to mate them up where the test pipe kit has 4. I know I would need two kits. will I have adjust the K jet if I change out the cats?
    Thank you in advance.
    If this will just cause me problems lets me know
    Alex
    Alex Brooks

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

It's always best to just call or email DPI regarding these types of issues. However, the test pipe is for the stock system, not for their spec1. Call and ask for what you need (straight pipes to replace your catalytics). And - the oxygen sensor is before the catalytic converter so you shouldn't need to adjust anything at all.
    Last edited by dn010; 11-02-2017 at 11:03 AM.
    -----Dan B.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Converter deletes are available for the SPEC I system but are not currently listed on our site. Contact us directly for ordering at [email protected]

Thanks!
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    03500

I have the exhaust system your thinking of putting on. It was put on by the po. I like that it has a little rumble to it but not loud enough to annoy the neighbors. Not a big surprise more cabin noise. You will get head turns on start up. When at car shows the other guys say what you want more attention. hehe. I have the original K jet and have to explain to some people the warm up of the D because they don't think it's running right.

Dave B.

Thank for replies I’ll send Delorean industries an email for ordering. I just figured if I can do in Oregon I might as well while I can. I’ll keep my cats for when or if they make us do emissions testing.
    Alex Brooks

Got the delete kit ordered excited to install as soon as I get it
    Thank you Josh and everyone for your inputs
    Alex
    Alex Brooks

The pipes should up today they look and sound great I recommend them to anyone that can run them. it only took me about 40 minutes to the cats off and the straight pipes installed.
    I have not drove the car with them yet, we have about 4 inches of snow on the ground right now.
    Alex Brooks