FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Megasquirt / Renault Z7U EFI setup

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Megasquirt / Renault Z7U EFI setup

Asking $1,200 for this setup. This is quite a bit less than what I paid for all of these parts together new.

Simulator board for testing ECU

Megasquirt 2 Extra ECU, 3.57 board, loaded with a tune for a stage 2/spec 2 engine configuration. Tune is fuel and idle speed control only. No spark control. Tune does NOT compensate for A/C load changes. Cable for connecting to relay board. USB to serial cable for connecting to laptop.

Megasquirt relay board, configured via jumpers for allowing Megasquirt to control a stock DeLorean idle speed motor.

Renault Z7U intake manifold, with fuel rails, 24 lb/hr Accel brand injectors, two different throttle bodies - Renault, and a Jeep throttle body with adapter plate for mating to intake manifold.

IAT sensor

Stock DeLorean idle speed motor

Fuel pressure regulator

Wiring pigtails for all of the included injectors, sensors, etc.

You would need to get a wideband O2 sensor, and a coolant temperature sensor. I have co-opted these for my LS swap. You will also need to make your own feed and return hoses.

I can include my wiring harness, but I don't recommend so because: 1. It works, but it is NOT pretty. 2. Putting together your own wiring harness will force you to learn how Megasquirt works. I feel that is important, considering you are going to be using a completely custom engine management system.

While I fully expect you to do your own, thorough research, I will be glad to walk you through the basics of installing the EFI system, and the basics of tuning it for your needs.

SDC10862.jpg
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

I still have this. Reduced to $1,000, and I won't go a penny lower. With my setup, you'll need to buy a wideband O2, a GM coolant temperature sensor, and make your own hoses.

If I know you on Facebook, I will offer installation and tuning at my place here in Rochester, NY included with the price if you bring the car to me.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze