FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: How to on pulling lock cylinder

My VIN:    Midproduction

How to on pulling lock cylinder

Does anyone have a good how-to on pulling the ignition lock cylinder out of the steering column lock assembly? I'd like to replace my lock cylinder, which has a key stuck inside. I drilled the "pin" location on the back, but the cylinder will not come out. Looking through the hole, it doesn't seem like there's any locking pins on that location. Does anyone here have experience pulling those out? My local locksmith bailed on the project.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

How to on pulling lock cylinder

Typically, once the pin is removed you should be able to rotate the key to a certain position and it should virtually fall out. Make sure the is no tension on the steering wheel lock and verify that the pin is fully removed.

You pull the black cover off the end too. Also, if you haven’t done so, remove the ignition switch from the housing, its held in with one screw on the side of the housing. You will be able to see The key cylinder shaft and push on it if needed.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 11-25-2017 at 09:11 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.