Hi All-

I just delivered my car to the new owner in PA. It was nice to have one final road trip with the car.

My wife followed behind me and called me on the phone at one point saying that it didn't look like the brake lights were working all the time. Then, for the last half an hour, they didn't work at all.

A few days earlier someone said they thought it looked like they weren't working, but after checking them in the garage that evening, everything looked fine and I assumed this person was mistaken.

My gut is telling me that this is the brake light switch, as it's affecting both sides and the 3rd brake light (which is tapped in before the tail light boards).

I was going to clean up the switch when I arrived, the same as I've needed to clean the door pin switches when they were acting up, but the brake light switch seems to be a sealed unit. It is possible to clean? Is it a likely culprit here? I'd like to refund the buyer the cost of the repair as I'd like to deliver the car as it was described in the ad.

-Rick