FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Checking door drain holes

My VIN:    2506

Checking door drain holes

I was investigating why I had water coming into the interior through both of my doors and found that the lower door sill seals were installed without accommodating for the drain holes. Thought I would share this so others can avoid the problem. If you don’t remove part of the rubber around the drain holes, then water can pool in the door until it comes through. (I did not install this seal)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My VIN:    3937

I made this how-to awhile ago on those same door seals. I didn't think to mention those drain holes although I remember finding what you found in that they didn't have the holes cut in advance. I could probably edit the document to include something like that. For anyone looking in the future at this thread or the how-to one.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?74...n-(p-n-110720)

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    2506

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I made this how-to awhile ago on those same door seals. I didn't think to mention those drain holes although I remember finding what you found in that they didn't have the holes cut in advance. I could probably edit the document to include something like that. For anyone looking in the future at this thread or the how-to one.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?74...n-(p-n-110720)
    Yeah it’s important. I put my car in the shop to concentrate on fixing leaks and so they changed all seals as part of the job. Suddenly both doors leaked through interior trim. This was why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk