FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DPI Lower Control Arm Supports

My VIN:    5786, 3196

Club(s):   (DMA)

DPI Lower Control Arm Supports

http://www.deloreanindustries.com/sp...r-arm-support/

I just installed these on both of our DeLoreans today and am very pleased with them. Every time I'd drive wither of our DeLoreans, I'd have to get used to the squiggly line in which it drove, thanks to the LCAs flexing (my DeLorean has original boxed LCAs, and my wife's has aluminum LCAs). Hard braking at high speeds was sometimes scary, because the car would want to veer off to the side.

I've only taken them on short test drives below 60MPH, but the cars drive in a perfectly straight line, and that line stays straight under hard braking. They feel incredibly sturdy, as does the accompanying hardware, so I'm not worried about bushings walking out or any other issues that have been encountered with other setups.

One thing to note: The braces are not turnbuckles and do not add any adjustment for camber and castor. I was told that this was intentional so that the braces conform to the LCA instead of forcing the LCA into a position that can put stress where it shouldn't be.

I'll can upload pictures from my cars of the installation if people are interested to see them.

I'm very happy with these, and are one of the items that I'd consider to be a mandatory safety upgrade for these cars, especially if the driver likes to enjoy some spirited driving.
    -Derrin

5786: DPI cams and cat-less exhaust, galvanized and powder coated manual frame for a proper 5-speed conversion

3196 - My wife's DeLorean: DMCH new build, DPI rebuilt engine with performance cams and exhaust

1956 Oldsmobile Super 88
    1960 Chevrolet Impala
    1961 Corvette
    1972 Buick Skylark GS 455 Clone
    1975 Corvette (to be sold once restored)
    1976 Corvette (wife's car)
    1979 Corvette Daily Driver
    1987 Corvette (technically wife's car)

My VIN:    5368

Quote Originally Posted by dmruschell View Post
    http://www.deloreanindustries.com/sp...r-arm-support/

I just installed these on both of our DeLoreans today and am very pleased with them. Every time I'd drive wither of our DeLoreans, I'd have to get used to the squiggly line in which it drove, thanks to the LCAs flexing (my DeLorean has original boxed LCAs, and my wife's has aluminum LCAs). Hard braking at high speeds was sometimes scary, because the car would want to veer off to the side.

I've only taken them on short test drives below 60MPH, but the cars drive in a perfectly straight line, and that line stays straight under hard braking. They feel incredibly sturdy, as does the accompanying hardware, so I'm not worried about bushings walking out or any other issues that have been encountered with other setups.

One thing to note: The braces are not turnbuckles and do not add any adjustment for camber and castor. I was told that this was intentional so that the braces conform to the LCA instead of forcing the LCA into a position that can put stress where it shouldn't be.

I'll can upload pictures from my cars of the installation if people are interested to see them.

I'm very happy with these, and are one of the items that I'd consider to be a mandatory safety upgrade for these cars, especially if the driver likes to enjoy some spirited driving.
    Pictures please!
    Vin 5368. October 81 Grey Manual

My VIN:    5786, 3196

Club(s):   (DMA)

IMG_6561.jpgIMG_6562.jpgIMG_6563.jpg

Those are the pictures I took during installation. I can take more at any time of any part requested.

The install was pretty straightforward. The bolt threads should face the rear of the car. The thicker spacer the butts up against the LCA goes towards the rear of the car. (The spacers that butt up against the frame are the same thickness.) I hammered out the old bolts with the new bolts (putting a jack under the LCA was needed to keep the shock and LCA in alignment) without any issues.
    -Derrin

5786: DPI cams and cat-less exhaust, galvanized and powder coated manual frame for a proper 5-speed conversion

3196 - My wife's DeLorean: DMCH new build, DPI rebuilt engine with performance cams and exhaust

1956 Oldsmobile Super 88
    1960 Chevrolet Impala
    1961 Corvette
    1972 Buick Skylark GS 455 Clone
    1975 Corvette (to be sold once restored)
    1976 Corvette (wife's car)
    1979 Corvette Daily Driver
    1987 Corvette (technically wife's car)

My VIN:    5312

How hard were these to install? My car will be back to me soon after over a year, so I'll be looking to add these for sure