Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
Pics first? Maybe a comparison shot if you're able to compare incandescent vs. "cube LED" vs. your LED, within the red lens.
I can probably take a picture of OEM vs. my LEDs. I don't have what you call the "cube LED" and to be honest I'm not even sure what you mean by that.
The obvious difference is that with the bulb you only have a single point of light. With my lights there are 8 LEDs with three chips each. That means you have 24 points of light. It is bright and I like it but I'm not sure if everyone will agree.

"Second coming of Christ"
"Saw deer scattering 40 yards behind when backing out of the shop"
"Brake lights that summon demons after dark"
"As if a DeLorean wasn't visible enough..."

Should give you a pretty good feeling of how bright I like 'em
Yep, you made it bright as day That's how I like it too.

Blinker mod, but unless you have a source on clear housings, I gotta stay with 1 set yellow, 1 set red, no white at all because the lenses don't work with it. Blinker mod for both. Hell I'll pre-order if it helps.
That's exactly what I'm planning on doing. I would actually like to make all of the lights with a clear lens. Those are the only points of color on the car and I'd love to remove that color. That is still a future project though.

- - - - -
Also remember guys, LED's don't burn out, they instead have half-lives of brightness.
[...]
What I'm getting at is if you're on the fence because you think it might be too bright, it will, via natural use, dim to a level of your liking. Slowly, but it will dim, so give it a chance.
That is correct but if you are to believe the LED manufacturers that is a very very very long time for a car. The standard figure is 100,000 hours to 70% of initial brightness for red and yellow LEDs. That's over 11 years of continuous use! If you drive your car two hours every day with your lights ON you're going to have to wait 137 YEARS for the lights to dim to 70% of their initial brightness. At that rate I'd say that sometime around the year 2200 they should be equal in brightness to the OEM W5W bulbs. As I said, it's fine with me but I'm not sure if someone will be willing to wait that long

I'll try and take some side-by-side pictures soon.