FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone heard from Tom of Deloreana.com?

My VIN:    6248

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Has anyone heard from Tom of Deloreana.com?

Looks like his last post was May 2016 and he was recovering from a rather nasty flu -- but he hasn't posted anything since then and that's around the last time his website was updated, too. I hope he didn't encounter further medical complications! Does anyone know?

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

I've been looking forward to some more products from him as well (particularly the LED side markers). I hope all is well with him and he's still around.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    6298

Club(s):   (DCF)

I could have sworn I just emailed with him a few months ago but the last I could find was 2013. I have a gmail address and will reply back to see if it's still good.

Speaking of Tom, is Walter Coe around? I own Tom's DeLorean from back when he lived in Florida. He and Walter rebuilt just about everything.
    Bill

VIN 6298 - '81 Gray Auto

I last communicated with Tom on 9/30/2017. He was alive and well at that time!

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Stainless View Post
    I last communicated with Tom on 9/30/2017. He was alive and well at that time!
    That's great to hear. Beyond Tom's LED and concave mirror products, I've always appreciated his overall knowledge for the past 20 years or so. His welding repair job in my VOD has impressively stood the test of time.
    Bill

VIN 6298 - '81 Gray Auto

Just heard back from Tom. He is doing much better and said he plans on making a full comeback hopefully after the first of the year.
    Bill

VIN 6298 - '81 Gray Auto

My VIN:    6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 17086

Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I've last posted... I'm still here and everything is good. I've had some health issues and had to put everything pretty much on hold. Now I'm just trying to make up for the lost time.
    I'm again working on my car and I have already drove it up and down my street. It wasn't a long trip and only got up to second gear but it is a great feeling to finally be able to drive my own DeLorean after so many years. The registration on my car has expired in 2005 and since then the car was taken apart to the last screw/bolt and now reassembled to look like a car again. I did some modifications and improvements during the restoration process. I will explain everything in a separate post. I believe that some of my ideas might inspire others. A short list of the things I did (from the top of my head):
    1. Bottom fuel tank closing plate extended all the way to where the center frame section ends
    2. Heater core valve - vacuum operated valve was replaced with an electrically operated one and moved to the front of the car
    3. Heater core valve will remain closed as long as the temperature knob is set to "cold"
    4. Installed third brake light (full LED)
    5. Modified mirror heater circuit to work with heated rear window.
    6. Installed power adjusted and heated leather seats from a Nissan
    7. Installed aftermarket coil-over shocks with adjustable ride height and damping/rebound
    And some other "here-and-there" things that I can't remember at this moment

BTW, if anyone is interested I have ordered another production run for the extended convex mirrors. Actually, there were ordered a while ago but the lead time is pretty long. Just spoke with the manufacturer today and the blank mirrors should be ready in about 2 - 3 weeks. I will then need about a week to have them packaged and ready for shipping. I will be posting updates in the mirrors thread on this forum as well as on my website and the DML.

Thanks to everyone asking about me! I appreciate all the kind words. If everything goes well I will not be disappearing again anytime soon
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom
    http://www.deloreana.com

Please excuse my typos... and watch this: Ben Champion - That Auto-Correct Song

My VIN:    03572

Your replacing the heater valve with an electrical one and making it shut with temp set to cold is the same idea I had. I bought the valve but found it to large to fit up front. I still have it but not finished yet.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 17086

Yeah, I thought about this ever since the day when it was about 65-68F (18-20C) degrees and I had to use the A/C because when the mode switch was set to "vent" the entire dash got hot and the air coming from the wents was just too hot. I want some cold fresh air from the outside! I don't like the A/C and want to only use it when it's really necessary. It was a different story when I drove the car in FL but now in Europe I only need the A/C for about a month each year.
    The valve I got is from a VW car. I found one that has the same size hoses as our heater core and is pretty small.
    I also installed a micro switch on the back of the temperature knob. As soon as I move the knob from the indent on the cold side the valve opens.
    Will have some pictures and more details soon.
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom
    http://www.deloreana.com

Please excuse my typos... and watch this: Ben Champion - That Auto-Correct Song

My VIN:    03572

My valve has a geared motor on it so it stays open or closed without power. It takes very little current when the motor runs but it was just a little to big to fit up front. I may be able to fit it in the engine compartment. I like to run the AC on NORM if it's not to hot outside.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast