FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What's the procedure for testing the electrical connections to the thermotime?

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Between your engine swap and the wiring changes it is clear that nothing is "stock" so any advice we can give is only speculative because there is no way to know what modifications have been done. Even some pictures can't give anyone enough information to help you. The Cold Start System should have no interconnection with the Cooling Fan System except that they both have the engine and electrical system in common. The only way you are going to get this sorted out is to have someone who can touch the car figure out what is going on. Because the Cold Start System is no longer necessary maybe it should just be dissected out. The Cooling Fan system is fairly simple, when the O switch closes it turns on the fans through a relay if you ignore the portion of it that runs the fans with the A/C.
    David Teitelbaum

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I don't see anything actually showing that the TTS is what is messing with your fans??

I would permanently disconnect the TTS first.
    Then address the circuit breaker while chasing the wires from the fans back (looking for any mods).
    If you get their wiring back to stock, I'd guess several of the other problems will be gone (battery drain, "low" gauge,...)

Schematic from Resources Section HERE

And ignore the wires going to the resistors for now (unless you find someone tied them into the fan circuit...)

My VIN:    2607

I know the TT is acting as otterstart because even with the otterstart wires disconnected the fans would start early. They kept on even with the car turned off and they would shut down if I unplug the TT socket. So the TT is ruling them
    Thank you booth for your assistance and will keep in mind your suggestions.
    Will keep you informed.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysony View Post
    I know the TT is acting as otterstart because even with the otterstart wires disconnected the fans would start early. They kept on even with the car turned off and they would shut down if I unplug the TT socket. So the TT is ruling them
    Thank you booth for your assistance and will keep in mind your suggestions.
    Will keep you informed.
    Based on that just take the wires off the TTS and hook them to the O switch and things should work correctly. But there is a problem if the fans continue to run with the key off.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2