Yesterday at work I left my lights on and my jump pack didn't have enough to get the job done. My buddy came out with a small power pack about the size of an old school cell phone and to my surprise it worked. I had seen these about a year ago and dismissed them but seeing one work in person made me want one for myself and a few more as Christmas gifts. It came with all the goodies to charge a usb device, jumper cables, etc. So my search led me to a jungle of choices from 20 bucks all the way to 250 bucks and me wondering if the 100 dollar version is any better than the 20 dollar version or the same as the name brand Matco 250 dollar version.

Needless to say the CCA ratings should tell the difference but a lot of these cheap units don't last long nor to do they hold a charge for very long. I want a good one and if that means 250 then so be it, but if there is something safe and reliable from around the 100 or less mark then I'm all ears.

Shopping for these is like dash cam shopping, 90% is Chinese and I don't know the difference between quality Chinese and cheap Chinese. Do you? Point me in the right direction.

Here is what I'm talking about. He said he has jumped 12 cars in a row with his between charges.

https://www.matcotools.com/catalog/p...ARTER-CHARGER/