FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Central Florida International Auto Show CFIAS

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Central Florida International Auto Show CFIAS

Hi there,

I wanted to let you know about a great auto show happening next week that I have really enjoyed on an annual basis for the past several years.

It is the Central Florida International Auto Show, happening November 23 to 26th, 2017, inside at the Orange County Convention Center. Here you can browse the new 2018 models from numerous manufacturers all under one roof without any pressures of a sales environment. Several manufacturers have a test drive booth outside as well for select models.

Here is the site for more information:
    http://autoshoworlando.com/

Besides the new models they have other major displays including collector cars and exotics. Like last year, I was invited to show my DeLorean in the Festivals Of Speed display area.

Here are a couple pictures from last year:
    Delivery :

Display photos:

Here is more information on that organization which holds other events like the show at Ritz -Carleton in December:
    http://www.festivalsofspeed.com/js_videos/watch-video/

So, if you are local, or passing through Orlando during Thanksgiving week, I think this show is worth a few hours of your time.

Cheers,
    Dana
    Last edited by DMC-81; 11-18-2017 at 02:38 PM.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Well, I delivered my car to the show today. I came in behind a rare Jaguar XJ220:

Judging by the cars that were there, it promises to be a great show.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.

The show opened today. Here are some pre-show pics of my D in the FOS lineup at CFIAS 2017:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    Last edited by DMC-81; 11-23-2017 at 01:58 PM.
    Dana

Current custodian of 2109 Ozzie's Avatar

My VIN:    2109

I was there, with my family.
    We enjoyed the show, and your car looked awesome.
    Personal Blog: DeLorean Ownership & Upkeep (Yeah, it hasn't been updated in a while, but some good stuff there if you look.)
    ->Last posting:"Smooth shifting on a 30+ year old car."
    ->Most read posting:"Going 100% LEDs on your car is a good idea, and more feasible than ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    I was there, with my family.
    We enjoyed the show, and your car looked awesome.
    Very cool. I'm glad you liked the show. Also, many thanks for the compliment
    Dana

Just saw this thread. Wish I'd seen it a week ago :-(

Only A Gibson Is Good Enough DeLorean937's Avatar

My VIN:    5712 - Ace Frehley's DMC

Dana you car looked the business! Amazing! And Ozzie good to hear from you! Hope you are well!

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean937 View Post
    Dana you car looked the business! Amazing! And Ozzie good to hear from you! Hope you are well!
    Thanks! I enjoyed the show.
    Dana

Cfias 2019

Hi There,

Once again, I was invited to show my car at this year's Central Florida International Car Show. It will take place next week, November 22nd - 25th. There is more information HERE

If you aren't familiar , you can browse the new 2019 models from numerous manufacturers all under one roof, inside at the Orange County Convention Center. Several manufacturers have a test drive booth outside as well for select models. Besides the new models they have other major displays including collector cars and exotics.

This year, the Festival Of Speed section is expected to have a "Celebrating Italian Automotive & Motorcycle Design" display. I understand my car will be included in it.

If you have the time next week, this show is worth seeing.
    Dana

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Hi There,

Once again, I was invited to show my car at this year's Central Florida International Car Show. It will take place next week, November 22nd - 25th. There is more information HERE

If you aren't familiar , you can browse the new 2019 models from numerous manufacturers all under one roof, inside at the Orange County Convention Center. Several manufacturers have a test drive booth outside as well for select models. Besides the new models they have other major displays including collector cars and exotics.

This year, the Festival Of Speed section is expected to have a "Celebrating Italian Automotive & Motorcycle Design" display. I understand my car will be included in it.

If you have the time next week, this show is worth seeing.
    Well, I delivered my car today. The show is shaping up to be another good one. I saw 3 different movie versions of the bat mobile. Very cool.

Here is my car placed in the FOS area ( please excuse the dark photos as not all the house lights were on):

Dana

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast