FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Headlight housing assembly replacements available?

My VIN:    3937

Headlight housing assembly replacements available?

I see on Houston's page that you can get the left hand side headlight housing assembly (105713), but not the right (105714).

LH here: http://store.delorean.com/p-6883-hea...g-assy-lh.aspx and at $58, I think fairly reasonable.

RH here: http://store.delorean.com/p-6884-hea...g-assy-rh.aspx and showing at the dreaded $0.00.

Is there another source for these assemblies? What are the options if you need to replace them?

I am removing my front fascia to replace a few things and these headlight housings are going to likely be one of them. I wanted to adjust my headlights and the screws are pretty rusty and just spin so my plan was to get everything apart and replace or repair what I could. For $58, that's good value in my books. Not sure what to do about the other side though if you can't buy them.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    16409

Check with Ed at DeLorean Europe. He's having the assemblies remanufactured. They should be about ready now.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    Check with Ed at DeLorean Europe. He's having the assemblies remanufactured. They should be about ready now.
    Cool. Thanks for the tip. Is Ed and DeLorean Europe the same thing as the "DeLoreanGO" parts page? I thought the DeLoreanGO site might have been more apart of a UK club and DMC Europe was separate, but I'm not sure. Hard to follow sometimes what is going on behind the scenes with these things.

My VIN:    10201

You can replace the headlight screws with the ones from this kit

"Mopar Headlight Four Lamp Adjuster Kit 72 73 74-78 Challenger Charger RoadRunner" https://www.ebay.com/p/MOPAR-Headlig...nner/867787836

My VIN:    16409

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Cool. Thanks for the tip. Is Ed and DeLorean Europe the same thing as the "DeLoreanGO" parts page? I thought the DeLoreanGO site might have been more apart of a UK club and DMC Europe was separate, but I'm not sure. Hard to follow sometimes what is going on behind the scenes with these things.
    DeLoreanGo is the parts outfit of the DeLorean EuroTec Club. Ed Uding runs DeLorean Europe in the Netherlands. Ed does supply some of his parts to the DeLoreanGo folks. But I usually buy direct from Ed. He has great service and usually ships orders sams day. I usually get my orders in less than a week. Faster than domestic UPS Ground!
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    You can replace the headlight screws with the ones from this kit

"Mopar Headlight Four Lamp Adjuster Kit 72 73 74-78 Challenger Charger RoadRunner" https://www.ebay.com/p/MOPAR-Headlig...nner/867787836
    Wow, nice one. Thanks. At the very least I'm going to want to put in all new screws if I can't get the housing buckets and brackets replaced and this would be just what the doctor ordered.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

If you can't find a source for a new one, and if yours are not too rusty you can perhaps strip the rust off and have them replated, or powder coated. I ran into the same problem and did the former on mine. Also, you can try calling your favorite DMC location and seeing if they have a good used right one.

Here was my right assembly before:

After an acid bath and sanding:

After replating in clear zinc (assembly and hardware):
    Last edited by DMC-81; 11-18-2017 at 06:09 PM.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    DeLoreanGo is the parts outfit of the DeLorean EuroTec Club. Ed Uding runs DeLorean Europe in the Netherlands. Ed does supply some of his parts to the DeLoreanGo folks. But I usually buy direct from Ed. He has great service and usually ships orders sams day. I usually get my orders in less than a week. Faster than domestic UPS Ground!
    Ok, so this is Ed's Europe website then? http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/index.php?cPath=19_26_60

I noticed on the DMC Houston main page that when you look up locations, it no longer shows Europe as one of them. I think this is part of what I meant when I said I don't understand what all is happening in the background.

Nice job Dana. You worked some magic with that.

I have almost got the fascia off and everything out and will be able to assess the condition of the RH one then. I have the spoiler, rockscreen (which is toast so I need a new one of those), fan shroud and turn signal lights off the car and just need to do that last mystery stud jobby on each side to get it released. I haven't snapped a single thing yet (not counting the rockscreen which was already a mess) so hopefully that doesn't jinx me by saying it!

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Nice job Dana. You worked some magic with that.

I have almost got the fascia off and everything out and will be able to assess the condition of the RH one then. I have the spoiler, rockscreen (which is toast so I need a new one of those), fan shroud and turn signal lights off the car and just need to do that last mystery stud jobby on each side to get it released. I haven't snapped a single thing yet (not counting the rockscreen which was already a mess) so hopefully that doesn't jinx me by saying it!
    Oh, thanks.

Speaking of the rock screen, on the upper 5 brackets (108466) that hold it in place, I needed some M6 cage nuts ( spire nut retainer, SP10158 ) that are also out of stock to buy separate from the bracket so I was able to source them online. I have several extras so let me know if you need any.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast