FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Headlight housing assembly replacements available?

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    If you can't find a source for a new one, and if yours are not too rusty you can perhaps strip the rust off and have them replated, or powder coated. I ran into the same problem and did the former on mine. Also, you can try calling your favorite DMC location and seeing if they have a good used right one.

Here was my right assembly before:
    Hello Dana, sorry for the OT, can you tell me the correct order for the headlight buckets? from passenger side to driver side, R1 - R2 - ...?
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

www.delorean.eu

My VIN:    11626

Headlight housing

In 6 weeks we have the new load on stock, all ready and in transit to Delorean Europe.

www.delorean.eu
    Attached Images

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by BABIS View Post
    Hello Dana, sorry for the OT, can you tell me the correct order for the headlight buckets? from passenger side to driver side, R1 - R2 - ...?
    Hi! Sure, the order is R2, R1, L1, L2. Basically, the 2's go on the outside and the 1's go inside.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by ed uding View Post
    In 6 weeks we have the new load on stock, all ready and in transit to Delorean Europe.

www.delorean.eu
    ^ Those look great!
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    10201

Hi! Sure, the order is R2, R1, L1, L2. Basically, the 2's go on the outside and the 1's go inside.
    To add on to that since I made the mistake, this location is important because there indentation in the corners are different and will prevent the headlights from going in the right location.

My VIN:    3937

Oh, thanks.

Speaking of the rock screen, on the upper 5 brackets (108466) that hold it in place, I needed some M6 cage nuts ( spire nut retainer, SP10158 ) that are also out of stock to buy separate from the bracket so I was able to source them online. I have several extras so let me know if you need any.
    I appreciate the offer, thanks.

I've been keeping a running list as things come apart of what I need to either replace or repair. I noticed a while ago that those five brackets you mentioned were going to need replacement as one of them basically disintegrated in my hands. I got those brackets earlier this season and they came with those captive nuts already in them. I still have a bunch of different fasteners to procure, rivets, nuts, bolts, etc. I've noticed that more than a couple brackets or bolts under the front of my car weren't connected to anything, so the list will keep evolving as I learn how it's all supposed to go together in the first place. I used to think that things under there were being kept together by the Force, and now it seems I wasn't too far off!!

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by ed uding View Post

www.delorean.eu
    Hi Ed,

Glad to see those RH housings will be available again.

Does that work out to about January 1st when they can be purchased from your website?

And would you expect the RH side ones to be priced the same as the LH ones currently are at 66.86 Euros?

www.delorean.eu

My VIN:    11626

price

All over sea shipping is minus 21% tax, with over sea order.
    We do remove that in the webstore by hand.
    The same company make the Lh steering rack bracket.

Regards Ed
    www.delorean.eu
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    You can replace the headlight screws with the ones from this kit

"Mopar Headlight Four Lamp Adjuster Kit 72 73 74-78 Challenger Charger RoadRunner" https://www.ebay.com/p/MOPAR-Headlig...nner/867787836
    Is there any way to make those springs they include in the kit work on our cars? They look to me like they only have one end with a hook on it and need hooks on both ends.

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Is there any way to make those springs they include in the kit work on our cars? They look to me like they only have one end with a hook on it and need hooks on both ends.
    I didn't try them. I think the size is different. The DMC ones are only $0.76 though, so I'd just buy those.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast