FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Headlight housing assembly replacements available?

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    I didn't try them. I think the size is different. The DMC ones are only $0.76 though, so I'd just buy those.
    Agreed on both. Those kit ones aren't the right shape/size, and the DMC ones are only $0.76. Reason I asked was because I mistakenly assumed you could use the whole kit, including the screws AND the springs and hadn't made separate arrangements to get the right springs. Stupid me for assuming. I should have known better.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Humpty Dumpty is back together again.

IMG_0175.jpgIMG_0182.jpgIMG_0183.jpgIMG_0184.jpgIMG_0185.jpg

And just in time too as my garage is like 2 degrees C and that's way too friggin' cold for this guy.

I ended up POR-15'ing the RH headlight housing instead of waiting for new ones to become available. It turned out pretty well all things considered. Last time I did POR-15 work it was on the front frame extension soon after getting my car in 2007 and man did I do a sloppy job. This was surprisingly less sloppy. Musta learned something in the past ten years.

I put a couple coats of that PlastiDip rubber paint stuff on the impact absorber too. Not for cosmetic reasons, but to avoid it getting water logged and potentially frozen someday. The PlastiDip spray can doesn't paint quite so nice. It comes out like that string confetti goop, or spray cheese maybe. It wasn't pretty, but didn't need to be so good enough.

The job overall went well enough. Was mainly to be able to adjust my headlights, which I couldn't with the rusted fasteners as they were. I put the four new headlights in that I had from an order a ways back. Also ended up with a handful of fasteners that almost fit. Everything but the plastic nuts was useless from that Mopar headlight adjustment kit I got on eBay. Screws were too short and the springs weren't the right shape or size. Waste of money on that. Also bought replacement screws for the turn signal lights that were advertised as being what I needed and they didn't fit either, so the old ones went back in. So a bag of fasteners I have that almost fit on the car. Maybe they'll be of use to someone that has a car that's almost a DeLorean, like a Bricklin perhaps?

No more winter work until it warms up a bit for me. That'll likely be into March in these parts. Until then, keep your stick on the ice and don't eat any yellow snow. And Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by ed uding View Post
    All over sea shipping is minus 21% tax, with over sea order.
    We do remove that in the webstore by hand.
    The same company make the Lh steering rack bracket.

Regards Ed
    www.delorean.eu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Hi Ed,

Glad to see those RH housings will be available again.

Does that work out to about January 1st when they can be purchased from your website?

And would you expect the RH side ones to be priced the same as the LH ones currently are at 66.86 Euros?
    Quote Originally Posted by ed uding View Post
    In 6 weeks we have the new load on stock, all ready and in transit to Delorean Europe.

www.delorean.eu
    Hi Ed,

Are these ready yet? I was looking for the passenger side one specifically (105714).

Thanks.

www.delorean.eu

My VIN:    11626

headlight brackets

Yes it is ready and on stock, we did receive it all yesterday, and a lot more new exiting stuff.

Regards Ed
    www.delorean.eu

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Hi Ed,

Are these ready yet? I was looking for the passenger side one specifically (105714).

Thanks.

My VIN:    6409

Club(s):   (DOC-UK) (DOI)

Fantastic, looking forward to ordering them!
    only from the past can we choose the correct path for the future...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3