After spending all but 2 years of it's life in the dry heat of the desert (as well as being subjected to an idiot who didn't know how to install an alarm system), 6585's wiring is looking grim. Lots of stiff wires here and there, hardened insulation, discolored connections from excessive heat (including a warped inertia switch plug), strained connectors that needed replacement, and a handful of other random gremlins from damage are just some of the problems I've had over the years to go with what I'm facing now. Amazingly enough, I've never had an issue with the fusebox overheating. But I feel that using the existing old wiring is probably pushing my luck too far.

The big question I have though is about the age of the replacement harnesses. To be blunt, are DMCH's wiring still good? I'm not concerned about the prices involved as much as I am the fact that it's still OEM wiring that is approaching 40 years of age. I'd really prefer something with fresh wires, but I don't think I have any other choice.