So the other night I'm pulling into the garage after work and I see a puddle of antifreeze near where the front of the car is when it's parked. (I noticed this as I was coming in, so I'm not sure when the leak actually occurred.) I wipe it up and the next morning there doesn't appear to be substantial new leakage, but maybe a few more drips so I put the pressure tester on.

It immediately gets worse from here.

I pumped the tester to about 10-11 PSI and then there's a pretty good stream of liquid coming down the back of the engine. I can't tell exactly where it's coming from but it looks like there are streams running down either side of the lower pulley, and antifreeze pooling on the flat part between the pulleys.

leak.jpg

The big hoses aren't noticeably wet by the clamps and the weeper hole under the water pump feels dry, too. I tried tightening the hose clamps and used the tester again this morning (only up to about 7 this time) and it still leaks.

The weird thing is, I checked where I'd parked the last couple days at work and didn't see any antifreeze on the ground there, either. So it's like the radiator leaked one time in my garage and then I broke something using the tester.

Has anybody else had this happen and not had to take the intake manifold off to fix it?

(I never did manage to replicate the leak from the front. I tightened the clamp on the driver's side of the radiator, though.)