FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Looking for steering wheel adapter

My VIN:    4608

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Looking for steering wheel adapter

I am in need of an adapter hub that came with the Momo evo wheel or one that is known to fit the car. DMC doesnt carry them anymore and no other delorean parts stores have them. If anybody has a spare one that they'd part with, I'm interested.

Ezra

I believe Momo part number 2401 (for various Chevrolet models) fits quite well. I haven't fitted one myself, but I think you may have to just slightly trim the plastic steering column surround so it doesn't rub.
    They run about $85 shipped on eBay, Amazon etc. If you search 'steering wheel 2401' (not momo) on eBay you'll find one for $75obo shipped. Looks like it comes from the same factory but is a different brand to the momo. I was told that it's even stamped with 2401, sompossibly is the exact same item. They call it something like Italian steering wheel boss/adaptor #2401. I forget the name of the company who supply it.
    You'll have to drill and adapt something to cancel the turn signals yourself. but it's not too challenging.
    Hope that's some help.

My VIN:    03500

Quote Originally Posted by Robmac123 View Post
    I believe Momo part number 2401 (for various Chevrolet models) fits quite well. I haven't fitted one myself, but I think you may have to just slightly trim the plastic steering column surround so it doesn't rub.
    They run about $85 shipped on eBay, Amazon etc. If you search 'steering wheel 2401' (not momo) on eBay you'll find one for $75obo shipped. Looks like it comes from the same factory but is a different brand to the momo. I was told that it's even stamped with 2401, sompossibly is the exact same item. They call it something like Italian steering wheel boss/adaptor #2401. I forget the name of the company who supply it.
    You'll have to drill and adapt something to cancel the turn signals yourself. but it's not too challenging.
    Hope that's some help.
    The 2401 fits but doesn't deactivate the turn signal.

My VIN:    4608

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

What is the clearance like between the stalks and the wheel with the 2401 piece. The wheel im using does have a sleight dish compared to the momo evo wheel, and my turn signal shutoff doesnt work anyway

My VIN:    03500

I had to use a spacer for the evo. I didn't want to cut the plastic so I did some grinding to the hub it needs a little more to go on tighter because it will rub. I used a detachable steering wheel spacer.
    I only used the momo 2401 a few months until I went to DCS 2016 DMCMW had two hubs and I bought one. So I'm willing to part with the hub and spacer the spacer is blue and silver. Had to repaint the hub heat from grinding took the paint off. Willing to sell if any interest.

Finding a hub that works for a D is definitely a pain.
    Dave B.

I’m ready to buy a momo-style hub/adaptor

Hi WHO1DMC: I’m interested in your hub. Please let me know if it’s still available? I’m reachable at [email protected]. Much thanssks. Matt Carpenter #5144

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    I had to use a spacer for the evo. I didn't want to cut the plastic so I did some grinding to the hub it needs a little more to go on tighter because it will rub. I used a detachable steering wheel spacer.
    I only used the momo 2401 a few months until I went to DCS 2016 DMCMW had two hubs and I bought one. So I'm willing to part with the hub and spacer the spacer is blue and silver. Had to repaint the hub heat from grinding took the paint off. Willing to sell if any interest.

Finding a hub that works for a D is definitely a pain.
    Dave B.

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    The 2401 fits but doesn't deactivate the turn signal.
    You can drill a small hole in the proper spot and insert a roll pin which will cancel the turn signals