FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What tires are you running on??? Its been 8 yrs.

My VIN:    1597

I still have not replaced my tires. I maybe drive the D locally 50-100 miles a month tops. That is my excuse for putting it off. Replacing batteries in my Mustang has been keeping me busy. I am still looking for tires. Price is not a concern and the only thing I don't want is white letters or a name that sounds like a Ninja warrior. If someone who either has them or knows for sure they fit, feel free to add a link or links and I will go ahead and get them.
    "Owning a Delorean is like frying bacon naked."

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    I still have not replaced my tires. I maybe drive the D locally 50-100 miles a month tops. That is my excuse for putting it off. Replacing batteries in my Mustang has been keeping me busy. I am still looking for tires. Price is not a concern and the only thing I don't want is white letters or a name that sounds like a Ninja warrior. If someone who either has them or knows for sure they fit, feel free to add a link or links and I will go ahead and get them.
    General Altimax RT43 in 195/60r14 and 225/60r15. The best reviewed tires with longest warranty that come close to stock sizes. https://tirereviewsandmore.com/gener...-rt43-reviews/ https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...RatingsReviews

I got them on my delorean and my mazda protege. Would have gotten them for my z3 too, but they dont have the proper size, so i went with a different model they had. Theyre modestly priced all around great tires with plain looks. Unless youre racing the delorean or going after a very specific look, these should be your first choice.

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    General Altimax RT43 in 195/60r14 and 225/60r15. The best reviewed tires with longest warranty that come close to stock sizes. https://tirereviewsandmore.com/gener...-rt43-reviews/ https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...RatingsReviews

I got them on my delorean and my mazda protege. Would have gotten them for my z3 too, but they dont have the proper size, so i went with a different model they had. Theyre modestly priced all around great tires with plain looks. Unless youre racing the delorean or going after a very specific look, these should be your first choice.
    I am also running these tires on the DeLorean, recommended by Toby. Great tires so far!
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post

Can you post a pic of your car with this setup? Thanks for the info!

My VIN:    1597

Thanks for the replies.
    Attached Images
    "Owning a Delorean is like frying bacon naked."

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Can you post a pic of your car with this setup? Thanks for the info!
    I actually dont have any with the body on. This is the best I got until i reinstall the body lol

My VIN:    5314

I decided on the Cooper tires for my DeLorean last summer. They looked more like the original Goodyear tires. Didn't like the way the tread on the Generals wrapped around onto the sidewalls. Looked like snowtires to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary 5314 View Post
    I decided on the Cooper tires for my DeLorean last summer. They looked more like the original Goodyear tires. Didn't like the way the tread on the Generals wrapped around onto the sidewalls. Looked like snowtires to me.
    Which coopers? The CS3 touring also wrap around. Anyways, I didn't care about looks. Wet traction and warranty were my biggest deciding factors since I was using it as a daily driver.

My VIN:    5314

Delorean tires - front.jpgDelorean tires - rear.jpg

CS3's (195/60/14) Front CS5's (225/60/15) Rear

Everyone's got their own opinion on tires.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

After a lot of searching I found the following combination;

Fronts 195/60/R/14 Michelin MXV3-A

Rears 235/60D/15 BF Goodrich Radial T/A

While I am not crazy about having to use different manufacturer's tires front and rear, they are the correct sizes. Does anyone have any comments?
    David Teitelbaum

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast