Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
In reverse order of your questions/ideas:

-----------------------
I cannot entirely answer your question about using 205/60-14 tires in front.

I have seen two DeLoreans running 205mm section width in front. Both of those cars used highly modified (reconstructed) front suspensions with narrower track dimension. This suggests the factory suspension/fenders will not accept 205mm tires in front.

Perhaps others in this forum can comment about using 205s in front?

------------------------
I recommend you use the factory tire sizes because the car will handle well, look correct and this option is quite affordable. It is also safe.

Here is one idea that may make this option better for you, especially since you want raised white letter tires. Did you know you can modify tires with aftermarket white letters (decals)? "Goodyear Eagle GT" is the BTTF classic. You may like "BF Goodrich Radial T/A"? These letters and logos can now be custom-made in white or other colors. The owner applies them to the tires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3zairQusxI

Here are just 2 of many tire decal vendors. I have no experience with them and know of no DMC owners using them locally. Best luck in your search for a solution.

Vendor 1
Vendor 2

Thanks again for a informative reply.

I think you are right, the better choice would be to go with original size in the front. And maybe I will do different brands front and back and maybe take a look at these letter modifying kit you suggested. Thanks for that!