FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: What tires are you running on??? Its been 8 yrs.

My VIN:    1597

BTW- I found my tire order made in 2009.
    P235/60R-15 BFGoodrich Radial T/A
    2 195/60R-14 BFGoodrich Traction T/A H
    "Owning a Delorean is like frying bacon naked."

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    $50 AND $70 A TIRE.....
    One tire on my other sports cars cost more than all 4 and then some. I understand price does not equal quality but thats so cheap it kinda worries me.

I am going to wait till after the holidays and things slow down. Curiously, my father call 3 DMC dealerships and got 3 different answers. He was going to surprise me with new tires but gave up and just told me there was no real answer. He just wants the "best" for the car and thats one area he does not skimp on.

I get that sentiment. But I see it as if the tire is good enough for dry weather driving, and I’m going to end up replacing them due to age vs mileage, I’m fortunate enough that i can eat $300 worth of tires if they end up not being worthwhile. I don’t see the value in 100-200 dollars per tire that will only see a few thousand miles over their lifetime before getting replaced in or around a decade. I’m not trying to cheap out on the only part of the car that contacts the road, I’m just trying to find the best value for my driving habits with the car.

All of my tires seem to get old way before the tread even shows any wear. I have a 2006 Mustang GT with the original tires that I also need to replace. The car only has 11000 miles on it. The Delorean is my daily driver but I only put about 75 miles a month on it. I agree buying a high end sports tire for a grocery getter or weekend fun car is a waste of money unless one just wants the name or the look. I see these young guys with the low profile "eraser" tires that get only about 1000 miles and need replacing.
    Speaking of wear. I had some work done on my car in Atlanta and had a brand new set of tires put on it. I did not know but the front end was badly out of line and were pointed inward. When I got home to Columbia only 250 miles, both front tires were ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by novadmc View Post
    im currently debating between purchasing the General Altimaxx or the Bridgestone Fuzion brands

looking at 195/60/14 and 225/60/15 sizes.

Fuzions are about $60 cheaper than the Generals shipped to my door
    Fuzions: $247 for all 4
    Generals: $305 for all 4
    (source: tirerack.com)

Fuzion's wet/snow ratings aren't as good as Generals, nor is their expected treadwear, but as it is, i only avearge ~1000-1500mi/year on the car and dont drive it in the snow at all. only occasionally in the rain (but with my personal driving habits, i try to even avoid that). the car sees combined city/highway speeds, but im not taking hard turns, or driving aggressively with it. simple, relaxing touring drives in nice weather.
    I bought the General Tire AltiMAX RT43.
    Good reviews and surprisingly reasonable price. There was even a rebate from GT.

See my post here:
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?t=344
    So far, so good. Personally, I prefer tires not made in China.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5276 View Post
    I bought the General Tire AltiMAX RT43.
    Good reviews and surprisingly reasonable price. There was even a rebate from GT.

See my post here:
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?t=344
    So far, so good. Personally, I prefer tires not made in China.

thanks for the pics and recommendation. i think i've decided to get the Generals as well.

The generals look good. Do me a favor and post links to the exact tire/size for the fronts and rears. Tire rack...etc...
    Been staring at all the numbers,ratings and just read Bill's ramblings. Combine that with my meds for a severe back injury and I am as confused as reading chinese calculus upside down.

The generals look good. Do me a favor and post links to the exact tire/size for the fronts and rears. Tire rack...etc...
    Been staring at all the numbers,ratings and just read Bill's ramblings. Combine that with my meds for a severe back injury and I am as confused as reading chinese calculus upside down.
    195/60R14 86H (fronts)
    225/60R15 96H (rears)
    Note: General does not offer a 235/60R15 to replace the original rear size.

http://generaltire.com/tires/p...eng...n/altimax-rt43

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/t...RT4...Speed+Rated%29

Links are broken/outdated.

Links are broken/outdated.
    this link should work. direct link to tirerack for the Genreals: 195 front, 225 rear
    https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...omCompare1=yes

I just orderd mine after my last post. should get them early this week.
    hopefully ill be able to take them to my mechanic and get them mounted on my wheels before next weekend.

I jack the car up and take the wheels to a shop and have them put them on the rims, balance and put them on myself. Once, a installer jacked the car and cracked the fiberglass under the battery area. Another I gave specific instructions to put the weights on the inside of the wheel. Of course they put them on the outside cracking off very rare dark grey paint sending me into a rage.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast