FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Front wheel hub lip depth

My VIN:    10270

Front wheel hub lip depth

Does anyone have this measurement handy? This would be the depth of the lip that the wheel hub interfaces with.

I'm having custom wheel adapters/spacers made to reduce the center bore diameter.

From online photos, my eyeball caliper is guessing around 5-7mm ?
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    6125

I recently measured and made a 3D model of the front hubs...I just created a quick drawing and snapped a few dimensions. Is this what you were looking for?

For the depth of the inner lip I measured .25" but it may have actually been 6.0mm. My calipers were measuring in inches so I typically round to the closest 1/64". The exception in this case was the OD of the hub center where it was right on 72mm.

For the sake of your spacers though it shouldn't really matter if you get the dimensions exact since the wheels are stud piloted and not hub piloted. The center of the DMC wheels do not use a tight fit to the center of the hub to ensure the wheel is concentric to the hub. The taper on the lug nuts and tapers on the wheels are what locate the wheels to the hubs.

Last edited by Mark D; 06-01-2018 at 09:30 AM.

My VIN:    10270

That's exactly what i was looking for. Thanks very much!

That leaves lots of opportunity for minimal spacer thickness for downsizing like this. These adapters will be about 1/2" thick so I'll be installing the extended length ARP Toyota studs.

Regarding hub/lug centric, personally I'd feel better if everything stacked up with no gaps. Since the spacers are custom I'll have them made to match everything together and pick up 65->72 centering rings if I need to swap on a stock spare. I watched a friend lose 4 out of 5 lugnuts once possibly due to a damaged hubcentric ring and that image is forever burned into my head.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection