FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Some Measurements needed...

Oh my PLA print died just sitting. Granted, it had a roof-mounted window seat (it was, after all, a dash cam mount), but 24 hours later it was bonking me on the head. One day parked in the sunlight was all it needed, it's no small wonder you see countless warnings not to leave pets/kids/elderly/Uber passengers/yourself in a parked car in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Probably going to try some PETG in my next order..just to see what its like.
    Stringy. VERY stringy. Best to go over it with a hair dryer after it's done. My Hatchbox PETG is giving me fits, I don't think I'm handling it right. Prints way smaller than expected and inter-layer adhesion (a star quality of PETG) isn't a thing it seems. Probably just need to set the diameter way lower or extrusion multiplier up. And Hatchbox is supposed to be amazing filament too.

colorFabb, Hatchbox, MatterHackers are amazing for "typical" filaments. Exotic ones, Taulman and colorFabb are amazing. There are others in each category, those are the ones I'm most familiar with. eSun is a bit of a crapshoot, Print-Inz should stick to making beds, their filament is horribly tolerant of extreme and quick diameter fluctuations.

(Come to think of it, I should probably just email Hatchbox about my problems, heh)

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I also have some nylon I was using for nozzle cleaning...maybe I otta try printing something with it sometime...lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

I also have some nylon I was using for nozzle cleaning...maybe I otta try printing something with it sometime...lol
    Glad you mentioned nylon, supposed to be a higher strength filament and keep hearing lots of good things about it. On my shopping list now!

Maker's Muse (YouTube) latest review reminded me of HIPS, haven't tried it, but have some on hand. Saving it now for bigger multi-part prints as it does have an actual solvent like ABS, and I do have it handy. Requires paint though, it's "fresh printer paper" white.

What kind of printer do you have by the way?

I have a Bukobot2 Duo and a RoboR1. Both are very good...but the R1 has autoleveling which i like alot.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Oh jeez, Bukobot puts my ReliaBuild RB3 to shame, christ. (Well, almost. Cubic 10" build area upgradable to 14" in height, but small stuff. Okay and skip sense). I do have a half-done Prusa i3-style printer by a shady company, been looking for a good variant of it to go for, it's high heat alone is an attractive offering. 3mm filament though, I don't know about that one, my entire collection is 1.75mm sans like three 5 lb rolls.

I saw a Robo R1 at my local library, did I see right that there's no heated bed? Can't find the filament size either.

Got your address, will grab the flip-up screen tomorrow, my parents had to dig it out for me. I'll try to ship it before my mother-in-law swings by, no guarantees though!

for $400 the R1 is a great machine. uses 1.75mm filament, so you'd be safe. Has the heated bed and autoleveling pretty decent sized build area. Havent had any issues with it.

The bukobot2 on the other hand..good printer..the dual extruders is nice..but have to level it nearly every time. I've used the R1 alot more since I got it...hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Good lord it's been snowing like hell. Had two feet to drive through all over town today, lovely. But got the radio, only to discover the harness wasn't present. I think I've figured out the pinout based on visually inspecting the board as well as Google Images, I will confirm with my parents tomorrow, but I wrote the functions with masking tape for now. It's a fairly standard connector I have a few of (the same kind used on computer ATX power supplies for 350W+ video cards actually, made by Molex, I have an entire kit of sizes even)

Apparently the unit can be found by googling the strange Chinglish phrasing on the front of "Automobile TV System":

Nothing says "worth a dollar" like "China Wholesale" in the domain name. Even they know it's crap! Guess the whole "digital antenna TV" thing caught them off guard, it legitimately was marketed for analog TV and worked before then, so they haven't been for sale since.

Will box it up and ship ASAP, the post office is right up the street, I will give you a tracking number privately!

EDIT:
    Must have removed this bit and forgotten to re-add it! That pic shows the "screen angle" adjust buttons too, right-most two buttons. Mine works, but occasionally the machine will reboot or freeze up. This is more than fine for a test fit, but annoying as hell for a reliable device.

Lol..I love that generic 'automobile tv system'. I worry about chinese wholesale items...in movies and cartoons, they usually end causing rifts in space time, then some weird monster comes out and tries to eat too many cashews (or postacios).

And stop braggin' about all the snow yer getting...I think we have rain coming this weekend...we seem to get freezing tempuratures or rain...snow is a rarity..lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Lol..I love that generic 'automobile tv system'. I worry about chinese wholesale items...in movies and cartoons, they usually end causing rifts in space time, then some weird monster comes out and tries to eat too many cashews (or postacios).
    I've never seen that one. Did you watch it...

*shades*

on one of these?

YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!

- Horatio Cane, probably

And stop braggin' about all the snow yer getting...I think we have rain coming this weekend...we seem to get freezing tempuratures or rain...snow is a rarity..lol
    Snow means salt. Salt means hibernation. Those classics you still see driving where you are? Already fattened up and sheltered by now in the snow belt. Mine's always "last to sleep, first to wake" unless she's in the shop, which at this point we're pushing 2.5 years at this rate, so who knows. At least she's got a warm bed, my daily's underneath a tree and parked right where the salt trucks just launch the salt on its ass in a way that scratches the paint and doesn't even melt the snow. At least I'm not in the plow's way (I remember the car that was though, that was a fun one).

Lol

Around here they dont salt the roads, it takes alot for them to decide even to gravel them. Call me insane (and many prolly will) but im planning to use my car as a daily, year round car when I get it back on the road...hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast