FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Damn Cats!

My VIN:    6585

Damn Cats!

So since pulling my car out of storage and parking it in a carport, I've discovered the neighborhood cats have decided to mark it as part of their territory. I've no problems with any other cars, just the DeLorean. They've sprayed the radiator & air dam a couple of times, and the side of the spoiler once. I also have a spare set of louvers they've also hit multiple times.

My car has also become a popular date spot for the cats as well. I have just chased off another pair trying to mate on my car. Again.

So, here are the couple of questions I have, including one that I myself never thought I'd have to ask. But here we are.

1. What can you use to keep cats away? I want to get this straight before going any further: I will not harm any animals. So no poisoning, violence, or anything like that is out of the question. But I do want to keep them away, and keep them from walking, and pissing all over my car (among other things). But I also don't want to damage my own car in the process. Which brings me to:

2. Can cat semen discolor stainless steel? I know that blood can, and so far they've only been doing it on the windscreen. Which cleans easily enough (albeit gross as hell), but I need to know about the SS. I've Googled it, and while there are plenty of housecleaning tips on tidying up baby batter from clothes and furniture around the house, but not so much when it comes to cars or even sinks, let alone a DeLorean. If the answer turns out to be a "yes", will Bar Keepers Friend get stains out of the panels?
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    So since pulling my car out of storage and parking it in a carport, I've discovered the neighborhood cats have decided to mark it as part of their territory. I've no problems with any other cars, just the DeLorean. They've sprayed the radiator & air dam a couple of times, and the side of the spoiler once. I also have a spare set of louvers they've also hit multiple times.

My car has also become a popular date spot for the cats as well. I have just chased off another pair trying to mate on my car. Again.

So, here are the couple of questions I have, including one that I myself never thought I'd have to ask. But here we are.

1. What can you use to keep cats away? I want to get this straight before going any further: I will not harm any animals. So no poisoning, violence, or anything like that is out of the question. But I do want to keep them away, and keep them from walking, and pissing all over my car (among other things). But I also don't want to damage my own car in the process. Which brings me to:

2. Can cat semen discolor stainless steel? I know that blood can, and so far they've only been doing it on the windscreen. Which cleans easily enough (albeit gross as hell), but I need to know about the SS. I've Googled it, and while there are plenty of housecleaning tips on tidying up baby batter from clothes and furniture around the house, but not so much when it comes to cars or even sinks, let alone a DeLorean. If the answer turns out to be a "yes", will Bar Keepers Friend get stains out of the panels?
    Am i the only one who finds it odd when Rob actually asks a question as opposed to offering advice?! Rob, you don't have an answer?! Surely there is a meme for this!

Cover it. Really, cats are creatures of habit. once they start pissing in a certain place they will return over and over and over again if access if not an issue.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    03500

Cat's don't like the smell of mothballs. If that idea is acceptable to you.

Dave B.

My VIN:    10003

cat1.jpg

all cats love delorean !!

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

LS swap it.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

I find it funny that his questions are every bit as long winded as his answers.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

FWIW, cat spray has discolored parts of my SS grill on my deck, but I am sure that is the cheapest grade of SS available
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    Proto 1 and many other amazing Deloreans

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    Cat's don't like the smell of mothballs. If that idea is acceptable to you.

Dave B.
    In regards to that statement, it made me laugh a bit. My cats kept going on my pool table and i asked the masses what would prevent this and of course i was told to put a bowl of moth balls on the table when I was done with it. So I did! Next morning, the bowl was empty and all the moth balls were in the pockets. SOOO, in some cases, there are cats who just DGAF!! LOL Have a great day.

Mike
    Mike Fiore
    Gulfcoast Motorworks, Delorean Division
    www.gulfcoastmotorworks.com
    28701 Trails Edge Blvd
    Bonita Springs, FL. 34134
    239-495-8550
    239-405-7253

My VIN:    03500

Well it's a thought I never tried this myself. I also have and had multiple cats. We know they don't like things stuck to their paws so if willing use glue traps. Mike I wouldn't do this to your cats they might want to get even.

My cat is sleeping next to me as I write this. hehe

Dave B.
    Last edited by WHO1DMC; 12-05-2017 at 11:46 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast