FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Damn Cats!

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Seems to me the problem is unneutered/unspayed cats.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

If the car is going to be sitting for a while mothballs spread out underneath work. For stuff specific to cats go to a store like Petco and they sell stuff you can spray on things that will make cats avoid it. Used for furniture to train them not to go near it. Once it gets 'marked" you will have to remove the smell first.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    2. Can cat semen discolor stainless steel?
    I cried I laughed so hard.

I'd say maybe get out a hose and just spray the cats when you see them. Or just install a laser show by your garage and distract them.

My VIN:    10907

There are ultrasonic devices that supposedly work, although you may have to go pretty high-tech to defeat the smarter cats.

https://thescaredycat.com/whats-best-cat-scarer-market/

Or just record your vacuum cleaner running and leave it playing on a loop by the car?

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    There are ultrasonic devices that supposedly work, although you may have to go pretty high-tech to defeat the smarter cats.

https://thescaredycat.com/whats-best-cat-scarer-market/

Or just record your vacuum cleaner running and leave it playing on a loop by the car?
    If you don't mind getting the car wet you can buy a sprinkler that shoots water when it detects motion. Used to get rid of Deer.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    6125

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

^ Those memes are awesome.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Quote Originally Posted by peterpaul View Post
    Attachment 54820

all cats love delorean !!
    Mr. Pickles (wife's grandmother's cat) waltzed right into mine like he owned the place.

IMG_8484.jpg

IMG_8485.jpg

Now the first pic's my avatar!

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Mr. Pickles (wife's grandmother's cat) waltzed right into mine like he owned the place.

IMG_8484.jpg

IMG_8485.jpg

Now the first pic's my avatar!
    A+ cat, he even matches the color scheme!

My VIN:    6585

A solution!

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Am i the only one who finds it odd when Rob actually asks a question as opposed to offering advice?! Rob, you don't have an answer?! Surely there is a meme for this!
    Yes, I do not know it all. While I take great pride in my humility, I am but a man on this mortal coil.

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Cover it. Really, cats are creatures of habit. once they start pissing in a certain place they will return over and over and over again if access if not an issue.
    Right, and that's why I was concerned about using a car cover. I didn't like the idea of my cover acting as a bed sheet for a feral cathouse with various bodily fluids from amorous kitties soaking and spreading throughout the cloth to stain my body panels.

So I went right to the source: I asked my veterinarian. And we have a solution!

Semen and urine shouldn't be a problem as they've never had an issue with any damage on their stainless tables and sinks there in the office. So there's good news there. Then to keep the cats off of the car, she had a great solution for that which she uses on the office counters: Office chair mats!

Take the mats, and flip them upside down with the spikes up to keep cats and other animals off of surfaces you don't want them on. You can easily cut them to fit to whatever shape you need. Then attach them with velcro strips to the car cover to keep them from blowing away, and let them overlap to shield the wheels and spoiler from spraying onto the car. I'll also chuck some mothballs or something else like that repellant under the car as well.

Luckily though it seems like I may not need to do anything. A neighbor just moved out, and two of the cats have suddenly disappeared. Go figure. But at least I now know what precautions to take, as will others in the future.

Thanks for your advice everyone! It is appreciated!
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast